Sign in to follow this  
bond

Where has the spyware file gone?

Q1

Hi, I wondered if anyone can help me with this. I did a scan with A-Squared free and it picked up amoungst other nasties a programme called CyberAlert 3.1 When the scan had finished it quarantined said nasties but there was no mention of CyberAlert having been quarantined. (See log) When I updated and rescaned it came back clean. I just wondered where the CyberAlert spyware went. I have never installed CyberAlert, but I have installed and ran many (what I know now to be) 'rogue' programmes in the past.

Q2

Given the location of the CyberAlert and the fact that there are only two mentions of it in the log - could anyone tell me if it was operational at the time of the scan (or if indeed it has ever been operational.)

Q3

Another programme found which was quarantined was a programme called MyNabyoo -windows\system32\urlhist.tlb Quarantined Trace.File.MyNabyoo -Can anyone tell if this was operational at the time of the scan or a remnant of something bundled into a rouge programme, but not activated.

You expert help and advice is hugely appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Bond

Hi, bond

The cyberalert entries reference traces. You can read about them here.

MyNabyoo appears to be adware (as opposed to the keylogger Nabyoo 3). You can find limited information on these pages, though the text is not clear on the first page.

Considering that you have installed several rogue programs your best bet may be to visit the Malware Removal section.

Read the following instructions

START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread <--click

Prepare and post the required log files into a new thread in the Malware Removal Section

Wait for reply from ShadowPuterDude, Katana, or JeanInMontana

for assistance and further instructions.

Hi, bond

The cyberalert entries reference traces. You can read about them here.

MyNabyoo appears to be adware (as opposed to the keylogger Nabyoo 3). You can find limited information on these pages, though the text is not clear on the first page.

Considering that you have installed several rogue programs your best bet may be to visit the Malware Removal section.

Read the following instructions

START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread <--click

Prepare and post the required log files into a new thread in the Malware Removal Section

Wait for reply from ShadowPuterDude, Katana, or JeanInMontana

for assistance and further instructions.

H_D - Thank-you your kind assistance. I really appreciate it!! I hope all your days are happy ones. my greatest respect and thanks once again. Bond

Hi bond

Your initial case about “Cyberalert" is here http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/1591-two-spywares-that-i-am-worried-about-please-help/

Please follow the instruction that is posted in the Malware Removal section yesterday

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/1594-active-keyloggers-or-falsepositives/

This is the 3rd thread you are creating regarding the matter

and 3rd time you are posting the same outdated report

Please see my notes in Malware Removal section and follow the instructions there in order to provide all required info and solve the problem

Actually as you can see H_D suggested the same regarding the assistance in Malware removal

My regards