dbragg1

Installation of AVG Free 2015 complaining that Online Armor Free is "conflicting"

I currently have AVG Free 2014 and Online Armor free (v7.0.0.1886) installed on my Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) system.  Since I am using the free version of OA, I don't know if I can get support from the forum or not.

AVG wants to update to AVG Free 2015.  It gets to a certain point and the following box titled "Conflicting product detected" is displayed:

"We have detected a conflicting application on your computer.  The installation cannot be performed as long as this application persists on your computer.

Conflicting application: Online Armor 6.0

Please uninstall the conflicting application first before you continue with the installation."

This is a new computer.  Initially I installed AVG first then OA so the order may have resulted in not seeing a problem in the beginning.  I have used AVG for many years and I changed from ZoneAlarm to OA for this computer.  I would like to use both programs but I do not want to uninstall OA, install AVG, then install OA each time AVG has an upgrade.  I really like OA and would like to keep using it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or comments?

If I keep OA, are there other free antivirus packages that may not have issues?

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

our suggestion is to uninstall Online Armor and reboot your computer twice. Then install the AVG upgrade, reboot your computer and install Online Armor.

Is this not your preferred solution please contact the AVG support for help to install the AVG upgrade with installed Online Armor.