Sign in to follow this  
HAWKI

User Intervention Actions on Malware Detections ?

In the latest AV Comparatives Real World Testing report for October, 2014, EMIS has again done an outstanding job detcting 100% of malware. It was one of the only two out of twenty-two products tested with a 100% detection rate.

However, it did not automatically block all samples. 2.2% of the samples detected required "user intervention" to block. What types of instances are these?

What are the likely dialogues a user is likely to see in these instances? Just curious because I don't think I have ever seen one.

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

http://www.av-comparatives.org/dynamic-tests/

[update Correction: There was also a third product witha 100% detcetion rate but that product also had an unacceptably high number (17) of false positives.]

Thanks Siketa and Christian for the info. I keep seeing several independant test results where EMAM and EMIS block %99.9X - %100 of samples in Real World Testing but some of the blocks are "User Intervention Blocks" and I personaly have never seen one so I was wondering what type of user intervention was being triggered .

I'm still a bit confused by this answer.

Looking at the latest AV Comparatives Whole Product Dynamic “Real-World” Protection Test August-November 2014.

Emisoft Anti Malware 9 has an extremely high "Uncompromised" score, which to me is the most important element, but leaves open the possibility for a user to make the wrong choice on "User Intervention" and lower the "Uncompromised" score. I have yet to see a behavior blocker alert. Does it give a suggested action? Of course I have no clue why I would allow a file onto my PC that EMIS tags as suspicious, so maybe it's an irrelevant question.

I guess a behavior blocker, by it's very nature, has to give the user a choice, but a choice that has an obvious correct response.

http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php?chart=chart2&year=2014&month=12&sort=1&zoom=3

Thanks Christian. That image answers my questions :-)

I own several security suites with currently active licenses, but use EMIS 9. As a result, I follow several security product forums.

Without question, Emisoft has the best, most helpful Support Forum, as well as what IMHO is the best security solution currently available for the home user.

I can't explain why, but I have a voracious appetite for security product reviews, whether they be by established professional A/V Testing Orgs., PC mags, or YouTube reviews by respected reviewers with solid reputations, and I know of no other product that offers as high a level of protection against the various forms of malware and PUPs as Emisoft Products. Even excluding PUP detection, every other product has some significant weakness that Emisoft Products do not.