INeedAMedic

http://www.gogoanime.com/ safe?

Hi,

I see no evidence this site would have malicious content. For reference, if you quickly want to get an idea about the safety of a URL, you can always scan it or search for it on VirusTotal. You can see for example that the last time this URL was detected was 6 months ago (2 scanners only which usually indicates a low-risk or false-positive detection).

https://www.virustotal.com/en/domain/gogoanime.com/information/

Thanks for the answer. However, when i click on either one of anime list is give me a tiny windows saying " Close ad" so that's why i have concern about, even though i have adblockplus running on google chrome.

No, thats just a way many (free) sites use to get around ad-blockers (in order to get revenues). Annoying, but not malicious.

No, thats just a way many (free) sites use to get around ad-blockers (in order to get revenues). Annoying, but not malicious.

Thanks for the answer! I just want to make sure this site does not host malicious advertisement. So this site is virus and malware free aight?

Its impossible to say their advertisements are malware-free. This is because those are dynamically displayed. It is possible malicious ads are displayed (even without the site itself realizing or intending this), depending on the source of these ads I can only tell you that so far no malicious ads have been encountered..

But there's something that i don't quite understand, AdblockPlus job is to block Advertisement being shows on the website such as youtube and other site that are host advertisement. But how comes i still see a tiny windows bar and it said " close ad", and when i drag my mouse to the " close ad" button, it shows the website url that is hosting this advertisement.

Ads and websites that host ads constantly work on ways to bypass adblockers so they won't miss out on revenues. While adblockers are very effective usually, its not uncommon to see some ads slip by.

Ads and websites that host ads constantly work on ways to bypass adblockers so they won't miss out on revenues. While adblockers are very effective usually, its not uncommon to see some ads slip by.

But that would be bad aren't they? If Ads and website try to bypass adblockers which means this will decrease protection layer, because cyber criminal can use ads as an excuse to deliver viruses and malwares to the users computer. Also, does the adblockerplus developers know anything about this? It would be sad if adblockplus cannot block 75% of ads on the internet.

An adblocker is not an antimalware solution. It is a tool that tries to make your browsing experience more pleasant by hiding ads. Bypassing such protection with as scope getting a better coverage for "your" ad can be seen as marketing strategy. You can debate that certain strategies are moral, but unless an ad actually does something malicious, the bypass itself is not malicious.

Whether or not Adblockplus is aware of this, I can't say. You could look for a support forum or contact information so you could supply the information, I have no way to help you in that regards. :)

An adblocker is not an antimalware solution. It is a tool that tries to make your browsing experience more pleasant by hiding ads. Bypassing such protection with as scope getting a better coverage for "your" ad can be seen as marketing strategy. You can debate that certain strategies are moral, but unless an ad actually does something malicious, the bypass itself is not malicious.

Whether or not Adblockplus is aware of this, I can't say. You could look for a support forum or contact information so you could supply the information, I have no way to help you in that regards. :)

Alright, so the gogoanime.com site is completely safe aight? 

The content of the site itself is safe yes. As for the ads, as said before, what had\s been observed so far is non-malicious. I can't give you any more information about that.

Update, I was recently watching a show on gogoanime. At time the vidstream has pop up ads on the video so I go to m4Upload even though the vid quality is shit because I don't want to click on the ads which make the video unplayable. I went to the OpenUpload tab to check there and there were ads on that as well. Usually I'll try to play it once and if I get a pop up I concede. However, after clicking on the open upload my software detected a threat and it was labeled trojan.*****.**** the rest I don't remember. If you know what a trojan virus is, it is very very bad and dangerous. So if you do watch just know that if the vidstream or openupload is blocked with mulitiple ads and the video instead of having a black screen is replaced with multiple screen shots of the episode (indicating there are ads on it) do not try to watch it there, go to m4Upload no matter how shit the quality is. This is the page the virus was on, the link is safe just do not click on the video ->>-> hxxp://ww1.gogoanime.io/akagami-no-shirayuki-hime-2nd-season-episode-5