Sign in to follow this  
Gideon Sword

How to use Firewall

It appears that EIS has a problem with parsing CIDR notation properly. We are already on a fix for that. For the time being you will have to use ranges instead. You can convert CIDR notation into ranges using various IP calculators like for example this one:

http://jodies.de/ipcalc

In your specific example the range would be 157.145.214.1-157.145.214.254.

It appears that EIS has a problem with parsing CIDR notation properly. We are already on a fix for that. For the time being you will have to use ranges instead. You can convert CIDR notation into ranges using various IP calculators like for example this one:

http://jodies.de/ipcalc

In your specific example the range would be 157.145.214.1-157.145.214.254.

Thanks.

One question for Firewall rules in EIS 9

I use pppoe connection then all ports are closed and my computer is visible to others, but when using a direct connection through the router then all ports are in stealth mod and invisible to others pc. Are there any other rules that I create in the two types of working.

My lan one is onboard, I use both direct and pppoe connection(with username and password) When I disconnect from PPPOE then I use direct line from router then all protection is stealth invisible mod, but when connect with pppoe then firewall just close ports and visible on network some find my ip and then ping (no ping when use direct line from router)... I test here and here. Here pictires 1 and 2 (1 is router, 2 is pppoe).

Hello,

currently there is no fix available to get your ports stealth with a PPPOE connection.

We will take a look on it and will patch this issue in one of the next EIS versions.

Ok thanks for now, but I will be experimenting next days with some others firewall rules for this problem.

This is my guess for EIS 9.

I find this method I found is acceptable, but developers of emsisoft should enable reading of all network connections (including and WAN Miniport (PPPOE)) from "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections" just now reading only one connection Local Area Connection (LAN card).

In my test program exe for read parameters from this registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles" I read all connections.