Sign in to follow this  
Lucent

Blue screen crashes after installation

Basics:  Emsisoft Internet Security (EIS), Ver. 9.0.0.4668; ----- Windows 7 Home Premium, Service pack 1, 64 bit os.  ------ No other security software or hardware.

After receiving a new license for EIS, I deleted Anti-Malware and On-line Armor. Then I downloaded and installed EIS. A Blue Screen crash occurred after the install. I rebooted several time and in each case the Blue Screen crash would take place after shorter and greater times with no visible reason for crashing. The same behaver followed with several fresh downloads and installs.

Attached are several mini-dump files.

Thank you for your help ....... Lucent

120514-19250-01.dmp120514-18969-01.dmp120514-15646-01.dmp120514-18642-01.dmp120514-15038-01.dmp120414-15147-01.dmp

The hot fix seems to stop all blue screen crashes except when the computer goes into sleep mode. At that point, there is always a blue screen crash.

Lucent

Hello,

this BSOD was caused by the "X64_0x9F_3_Rt64win7_IMAGE_pci.sys". This is the Realtek LAN card driver Rt64win7.sys. Can you please update this driver and take a look if the BSOD occurs again? You will find the newest drivers on the manufacturer homepage of your LAN card or your Motherboard (if you use a on-board LAN controller).