Dale Ryder

EAM & OA vs. Internet Security

I have the Anti-Malware and the Online Armor products installed on my system and they work GREAT! What benefits would I see in getting them packaged in one program i.e. Internet Security

Guest Tempus

Hey Dale Ryder

I am just an user, but I hope you can use my answer =)

If we are just looking on the level of protection then you're better off with the combination of Emsisoft anti malware + the online Armor . The new Internet security solution from Emsisoft is easier to handle for those who need a more easy to handle firewall.  And the firewall is not as noisy as online armor, which is for those who like to have more control over the network trafic/system. It also depend what you will use your system for. I use Adobe software, so the last thing I want is a H.I.P.S. component. I will only be disturbed if there is a good reason for it. But try the new Emsisoft security solution first, you know the free trial that Emsisoft offer, and see if it is something you would like to have on your pc.

Hi Dale Ryder:

As mate Tempus said above, I´ll try Emsisoft Internet Security. I think Online Armor , aside from having Hips , shows more information some of it not really relevant for a comun user , but i think  EIS has the same protection. Having used OA and EAM together until last month, in my computer that combination freezed often my system and was really slow, and im not using Adobe in this PC or other heavier applications.

It largely depends on your own personal needs. If you don't use IPv6 and if the combination of Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor work well on your system and you don't feel overwhelmed by the amount and kinds of notification that Online Armor displays, there is little reason to change. However, if either of these statements aren't true in your case, Emsisoft Internet Security may be the better fit for you.

Hello Dale,

I will relate my experience using HIPS...

For me, HIPS required a steep learning curve.  I also found that it can be obtrusive as well as problematic. 

At the same time, once I learned how to use the software and also acquired the knowledge to make informed "Allow" and "Block" decisions, HIPS became a powerful security tool.

Fabian was pointing out that, if you use IPv6, then you'll want to use EIS as OA's firewall does not yet support IPv6.  I think OA is due for an overhaul at some point in the future...and I would assume the new firewall will be integrated into it.

Based upon my experience I find the intrusion detection system (Behavior Blocker) of EIS appealing.  It offers simplicity while at the same time a very high level of protection.

hjlbx