Emsisoft Scan Speed

bubl8015

Hi First let me say I love your product and new interface - it is awesome.  I know some programs have advice to make their product scan their PC faster by disabling things.  Is there any suggestions in this for having Emsisoft scan your PC faster ?  Just curious... Dave

Hi First let me say I love your product and new interface - it is awesome.  I know some programs have advice to make their product scan their PC faster by disabling things.  Is there any suggestions in this for having Emsisoft scan your PC faster ?  Just curious... Dave

I'm not really sure though, but my main gaming PC used up 1000GB+, and when i ran a full scan with EAM is only took 34 minutes to complete the scan which i think is okay. On the performance settings i set processor up to 8, 16 threats, and scan priority up to high, so you might want to mess around on the performance settings hope that will increase the scan speed time. On the other hand, you can defrag your hard drive using Microsoft built in, and get rid of the temporarily files using CCleaner. That is all i can think right now, the rest is up to Emsisoft team.

Hello,

the default performance settings for the scan should be fine. If you want you can try some other options for the scan performance to test the scan speed. You can change the performance settings in our software in the section Scan button Performance settings.

If you run a scan with our software please be sure all other background guards from 3rd party antivirus software like Avast, Avira etc. are disabled.

If you run a scan with our software please be sure all other background guards from 3rd party antivirus software like Avast, Avira etc. are disabled.

Disagree, you don't have to disable your main antivirus if you runs on demand scanning tools such as EEK, MBAM,or Hitman Pro. As long you have 1 main antivirus real time protection enable, and one antivirus engine scanning one at a time, then there should be no issue at all . Source: Tested by myself.

@INeedAMedic, Christian's advice is sound and correct. You oblivious do not understand how resident shields work and their impact on system performance during system scans by other security software. As our scan engine is loading and opening the file to examine it, so it the real time shield of the other protection software. This impacts system performance and will dramatically slow down the system scan.

@INeedAMedic, Christian's advice is sound and correct. You oblivious do not understand how resident shields work and their impact on system performance during system scans by other security software. As our scan engine is loading and opening the file to examine it, so it the real time shield of the other protection software. This impacts system performance and will dramatically slow down the system scan.

I only have 1 main antivirus real time protection enable which is EAM, the rest is just on demand scan such as MAB,SAS,HitmanPro,TDSSKiller,Dr.Web CureIt!. . As i said earlier, you can install many anti malware tools you can but as long you have your main antivirus real time protection enable then there will be no conflict at all. On Christian statement i thought he meant EEK, because EEK is just on demand scanning tools that don't have real time protection modules, therefore you don't need to disable your main antivirus real time protection in order to runs EEK. But if he meant EAM, then i will agreed because EAM does have real time protection enable by default, so it will conflict to your current antivirus.