hake

Queries AdobeARM.exe autorun at each startup

After Adobe Reader was updated to version 11.0.10, OnlineArmor now queries the autorunning of AdobeARM.exe after each system startup (Windows 7).  The autorun entry table shows AdobeARM.exe as trusted but fails to remember this at the subsequent startup.

Hi,

if you have CCleaner or WinPatrol installed, you can disable the autorun entry for AdobeARM.exe within those programs. Works for me. I do not have Online Armor installed but maybe this helps already.

Thanks.  I did as suggested.  Since the behaviour seems to have developed since the Adobe Reader update to 11.0.10 on Patch Tuesday, I guess that Emsisoft might not yet have caught up with the changed executable.  I will try re-enabling autorun for AdobeARM.exe in a few days time to find out.

It seems that you can't keep AdobeARM.exe quiet.  I disabled the autorun and, blow me down, back it pops.  If ever there was a better case for using SumatraPDF, I didn't know one this afternoon.  Problem solved but I would rather not have needed to send Adobe Reader for an early bath (written in fond memory of the late Eddie Waring).