iammike

Action Center Reports EAM not started

Running EAM 9.0.04668

Fully up to date Win 8.1 x64

Every other Reboot (or so) Action Center is complaing that EAM is not running, and when I click "Turn On" the status doesn't change.

But when I open EAM everything is "Green".

Sorry, I know it's a bit vague, but I am just wondering what is causing this ?

Here are the specs of my PC

Operating System
    Windows 8.1 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz    36 °C
    Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nope EAM is my only Virus scanner and haven't installed any other antivirus on this machine (ever)

Beta Updates not Enabled.

Enable beta updates please. Emsisoft already state that the beta updates will solve action center issue.

Wasn't that with the older version ? I am already running the latest released version (Released Dec 1st) where this already should have been fixed.

I see no reason for enabling Beta Updates, the reason why, this was solved in an older version then I am running (and it seems that in my case, it's back again)

Please note on my other machine with EIS I don't have this problem and it's running the same version.

Check here and especially look at the Date from the Post

Hello,

a new beta update was released today to fix this WAC issue. The stable release of this update will be released in the next 24 hours.

Here is the thread: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/15777-windows-action-center-showing-emsisoft-is-turned-off/

Ps: here is another thread (from around 1 month old, where this problem is also described and was solved with the New version (which I am already running)

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/16045-eam-windows-action-centre/

I see no reason for enabling Beta Updates, the reason why, this was solved in an older version then I am running (and it seems that in my case, it's back again)

Please note on my other machine with EIS I don't have this problem and it's running the same version.

Check here and especially look at the Date from the Post

Here is the thread: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/15777-windows-action-center-showing-emsisoft-is-turned-off/

First of all, why don't you try the beta update version? Because it state to solve the action center issue. Second, i don't have the issue you had and i use Avast before and then switch to EAM without any issue. Also, it could be useful if you can provide me your EAM version you are using.

EAM Version first line of the first post

Weird, i have the same version you had but i can't think any other option rather than reinstall EAM or turn off windows defender when you run the setup?

Windows Defender is disabled.

The strangest thing is that after a reboot I don't get the Action Center message, but after maybe another reboot or 2 I will get the Action Center Message again.

Very strange.

Hello,

@INeedAMedic, please do not suggest users to enable beta updates. Thank you!

@iammike, Please run the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST):

Download FRST from: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool will produce the following logs:
FRST.txt
Addition.txt

Please send this 2 files FRST.txt and Addition.txt to the mail [email protected] with a hint to this forum topic here.