Taskbar icon disappearing randomly

I have set it to show all in the taskbar tray icons and it does show, but if I reboot, it would still show, yet, after a while, it goes hidden again.....hapened over 5 times now it's very annoying.....

EAM is the only icon that does that.... any solution for this?

This is on a clean Windows 7 install with no AV previously installed

version: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 9.0.0.4668

Hello,

please click on the little white arrow in the systemtray and press Customize. Be sure the option on Emsisoft Real-Time Protection is set to Show icons and notifications. Then please reboot your computer. The EAM icon is visible now or it is hidden again?

Hi christian, yes off-course I did set it to always Show icons and Notifications. That's the issue, it doesn't remember the setting, after a reboot, it goes back hidden.

I have just formatted my mom's PC again and this time installed Windows 8.1 + all Windows updates, she has the same issue. So it's on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 not particular to any OS

It is very annoying man as I can't have all my icons showing I have more than 10 in the taskbar, but it is vital to have the security app icons (Emsisoft in this case) always showing.

Kindly escalate this issue for me.

Cheers

Hello,

then we need debug logs for this issue.

Please download the file debug_output.zip from http://download1.emsisoft.com/debug_output.zip and unpack the ZIP on your computer.

Now please run the script enable_debug_output.bat as Administrator and reboot your computer.

Reboot the computer again and wait until all icons except the EAM icon was loaded.

Now please add the folder C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft\Logs to a ZIP file and send me this file to [email protected] with a hint to this topic here.

Is this done please run the script disable_debug_output.bat to disable the logging. Restart your computer again.

PS: I closed your helpdesk ticket because this issue is already on our todo list.

What I noticed is, when you first install EAM, there is only one entry for Emsisoft Realtime-Protection

but after some time passes, when it disappears from the taskbar, you would notice there is a second entry for Emsisoft Realtime-Protection which is set at the default setting of only show notifications

so the problem is, the initial entry of Emsisoft Realtime-Protection is still there, and the setting is still show icon and notifications like I set it, but something is triggering that second entry to come up which in turn hides the initial one

Hello everyone!

It must be a coincidence, but after installing update (KB3025290) the problem stopped.

Thanks.

that update doesn't exist, it's actually KB3025390 and it is installed on my system as I always have all Windows updates and the issue did happen, although it's very rare now.....

nevertheless, the bug still needs addressing as to why a second entry of the Emsisoft Real-Time protection is being added to the taskbar items

what's even more strange, is that today morning when the icon disappeared and I found an extra entry which was hidden by default as if it were a new entry, now I checked again, and all I see is one entry and not 2 and it is as I left it before which is to show the icon and notifications

will report back again when the issue arises

Hello,

thank you for your report. We will take a look on it.

Any updates on this? I have just formatted again and installed Windows 7 + all Windows updates but no antivirus yet, I don't wanna messup my perfect registry now so I'm wondering if there is an updated version that I can download which fixes this issue.

Just reporting in, same Problem here, since... forever. I'm pointing out, like the OP, I've got an Alienware Laptop from DELL, too [see Signature].

Might be nothing more than Coincidence, though.

hmm, could it have anything to do with the Alienware Utilities that we have like Command Center or Alienware On Screen Display Application? Because this issue is only on my Alienware and doesn't happen ony my mom's or sister's DELL Inspiron Laptops

Either way, something needs to be fixed from Emsisoft's side because this is the only app and AV that has this issue from what I've used before