hjlbx

Shadow Defender - EIS Shadow (Virtual) Mode Exclusion

Hello,

Please excuse me, as I know this topic is a repost, with my own specific twist.

I don't intend on cruising in shadow (virtual) mode all the time; it is just for testing purposes.

With regular EIS signature updates and occasional beta module updates, wouldn't it be best to simply add the entire EIS folder to Shadow Defender's shadow (virtual) mode exclusion list?

I know EIS doesn't utilize much in the way of registry entries, but does anyone suggest any EIS registry entry exclusions?

Is there anything else that should be done?

Or I can just be lazy...configure Shadow Defender to exit shadow mode on shutdown, not start on reboot, and then EIS will permanently capture any updates on startup. 

Simple, effective...

Thanks,

hjlbx

I've run shadowed with SD, or accomplishing the same thing with AX64.   Easiest thing is the latter, do nothing.  When you reboot out of shadow mode or accomplish the same things with AX64, EIS will indded just update itself.   Why chance messing something up with exclusions.

Pete

All settings and rules are stored in INI files. So there is no real point in adding any registry exclusions. In general adding the EAM/EIS folder as well as C:\ProgramData\Emsisoft to the list of excluded folders should work just fine and allow you to keep both any updates your made during shadow mode as well as all rules and logs created during that time.