Patton

Firewall disabled itself

Hi, I have a question I have a licensed version of EIS and today I encountered something rather odd. When I was away from my pc the EIS firewall disabled itself and it was not possible for me to turn it back on anymore when I returned to my pc. This has never happened before and I find it hard to believe it's some random bug. Around the time this happened it created two log files I cannot relate to anything I have done:

31-12-2014 15:17:34 App rule deleted C:\Windows\TEMP\SKY848E.tmp
31-12-2014 15:17:34 App rule deleted C:\Users\Computer\AppData\Local\Temp\is-0L105.tmp\setup.tm

Other log files are not within the time frame so that's all I have to go by. I tried to search what these files are but I cannot find them. Perhaps they have nothing to do it with it but it's the only thing in the log I can relate to it. I did full scans of the system with EIS scanner and with the emergency kit but it returned nothing.

Could someone clarify this for me? Is it a known issue or is it something to be suspicious of?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Patton,

This behavior is a known issue and we have already fixed this in release 9.0.0.4799 (current public stable)

After the required reboot for update to 9.0.0.4799, the Firewall should be up and running.

Thanks

Thankyou for your answer.  There was no message that I needed to manually reboot for an update though. It just stopped working, maybe it was from an automatic update? 
Anyway it's working fine now so I guess it was a one time thing.
Thanks for the clarification and best wishes for the new year.

Most likely you missed the notification during the automatic update because you weren't on your PC at that time. As Christian already mentioned, we have changed the behavior of EIS in the new version to avoid such a problem.