Gabbie

EAM not connecting to update server

My last EAM auto update, according to the system tray icon was 12/31/2014 at 1:00 -- last night.  I verified that EAM exe files are still allowed internet access, and Malwarebytes auto-updated just fine.  As you can see, I have internet access, and it's functioning normally, with all other programs I use gaining normal internet access.  Thus I am wondering if you are having problems on your end? 

When I bring up the interface and manually tell it to update, it hangs and eventually produces the message "Could not connect to the update server. Please check your internet connection and proxy settings."

Suggestions?  Stopping and restarting EAM didn't help, nor did rebooting.  No software has been installed or uninstalled -- no changes since the last EAM update last night.  I don't know where else to look. 

when they push a new version or some times is normal to see that you can not connect to the download server... just wait... normally the problems solve by itself... it happens to me every time they push a new ver of the product

• Upvote 1

Thanks, gricardo -- that's good to know.  It makes me glad I'm also running live (paid version) MBAM.  I guess waiting is the only thing I can do now anyway.  :wacko:

• Upvote 1

Just to follow up:  Finally, at about 5 p.m. today the update did go through, and when I booted up my other computer a few minutes ago, it updated immediately, likely with a new software release, as performance was sluggish for a while.  So all is well. 

Hi, I have just received the same error message as in post #1 of this topic as with the comment in post #3 I have un-installed the program, cleared all traces of eam from my machine and then re-installed. Now I'm partially protected and it won't accept my licence key. If i wait for to the issue to clear on its own just how much protection do i have if my licence key is not active?

Delta5470, apparently they were pushing out something (beta release?) that tied up their servers because my computers couldn't connect for a good 6-8 hours.  I see that the update finally occurred a few minutes ago. 

As to your new problem with licensing, I'd suggest posting a new thread asking about that so your question/problem doesn't get lost.

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming its the fact that it can't connect to the server is reason why my licence key can't be verified or at least that's what i hope. But the other thing was because i re-installed the software fresh it's Orange / Partial protection, IE: How much protection is that, does real-time protection still work or am i only able to use the equivalent of the free software.

Delta5470, I'm guessing that until your reinstalled software recognizes it is officially licensed -- i.e., can connect to verify that -- you do not have real-time protection.  I see that my laptop EAM updated again, so it looks like -- at least from where I am -- the servers aren't as jammed up, so keep trying.  Another option would be to email Emsisoft about this issue -- perhaps a temporary license would work without connecting to their servers -- I don't know.  I'd refrain from browsing, etc. until EAM verifies itself, though. 

as said before it seems that they are having issues with their update servers, so is not recommended to uninstall the product as you will have very old signatures... at least on my end (and until now 2:35am utc-6) i had problems with updates with a timeout error 

I'm assuming its the fact that it can't connect to the server is reason why my licence key can't be verified or at least that's what i hope. But the other thing was because i re-installed the software fresh it's Orange / Partial protection, IE: How much protection is that, does real-time protection still work or am i only able to use the equivalent of the free software.

in freeware mode the product becomes red and all you can do is make scans... may be the servers have issues so your license is nor properly identified 

Hello Delta5470,

if you are using Online Armor please be sure the EAM process a2service.exe is not blocked. Open Online Armor and go to the section Firewall tab Ports. If there is a red marked entry for the a2service.exe please edit this rule to allow the process a2service.exe. Then try again to run a online update in EAM.

Hi,

I had this issue last night too, but it is ok now.

after v10 I had this issue several times.

Thanks