GreekMags

Disk utilisation remains close to 100% during EIS scan

Can anyone advise what disk utilisation I should expect to see from EIS, during general usage, updates and scans?

While scanning with EIS yesterday I saw the disk utilisation was often at 100% and generally stayed above 90%. The culprit was EIS which was registering at least 10 times as much disk usage as any other program, and sometimes much more than 10 times as much.

The screenshot below should illustrate this.

post-15940-0-30491400-1420299060_thumb.png
Download Image

This means that there are times during the scan when I can't do anything on the laptop.

I've also noticed high disk usage during updating, and sometimes during general running of the program.

I'm sure I read somewhere that EIS is supposed to be an unnoticeable process?

Hello,

on the scan process and update process a high disk usage is quite normal. So we suggest to run your scans if you not need to work on your computer. If you use our full version with active File Guard manually scans are not necessary because all new and changed files will be monitored by the File Guard.

During general running of the program the disk usage should be low.

Thank you Christian, I am using EIS which I presume is what you mean by 'full version' and File Guard is active, so I guess I can switch off those scans.

Do I need to complete anything on the page shown below in order to monitor detections, or do I leave this blank?

post-15940-0-21684800-1420748483_thumb.png
Download Image

Can anyone advise what disk utilisation I should expect to see from EIS, during general usage, updates and scans?

While scanning with EIS yesterday I saw the disk utilisation was often at 100% and generally stayed above 90%. The culprit was EIS which was registering at least 10 times as much disk usage as any other program, and sometimes much more than 10 times as much.

The screenshot below should illustrate this.

attachicon.gifemsisoft usage.PNG

This means that there are times during the scan when I can't do anything on the laptop.

I've also noticed high disk usage during updating, and sometimes during general running of the program.

I'm sure I read somewhere that EIS is supposed to be an unnoticeable process?

After less than 1 day of having the full licensed version of IES installed on my system I have had to remove it and go back to my previous security suite. Like you I read that it was supposed to be an un-noticeable process and used low resources but from the moment I installed my machine started working much harder even while idle than it has ever done before. Its a quad core i7 with 16gb of ram

While playing some online games ( even tried game mode and a few other settings I hoped would work ) EIS was occupying far too much ram for my liking and taking up too much cpu %. I game a lot on this machine and I have never heard my system fans running so hard or felt so much heat build up before.

I was a little worried and thought something might have been up with my computer at 1st so did some investigating and noticed IES hogging more than I assumed it would. Nothing I did fixed my issue apart from removing EIS and going back to my old security suite. Its been a day and a bit now since its removal and have not had any of the issues I had while it was on my computer. While gaming especially the heat and fan noise has gone way down thankfully.

Not really a help for your post but as you seemed to be a little worried about it being a resource hog , I figured I would post.

Im not happy at all with the software and really quite annoyed I have spent money out on a licence for something I will never install again

You complain about memory usage on a PC with 16 GB of RAM?  :blink:

Did you run the trial before purchase to check behavior on your machine?

It is still fairly new product and has to mature. Don't give up on it so easily.

Im not happy at all with the software and really quite annoyed I have spent money out on a licence for something I will never install again

We do offer refunds within the first 30 days no questions asked if you bought the license in our shop. We don't handle license issue in the forum for obvious privacy reasons, but you can send an email to [email protected] Make sure to include your order number and we will refund your order ASAP.

You complain about memory usage on a PC with 16 GB of RAM?  :blink:

Did you run the trial before purchase to check behavior on your machine?

It is still fairly new product and has to mature. Don't give up on it so easily.

I used to use the 2 separate products but merged my keys to use the combined product. I didnt have the emisoft stuff installed at the time of merging and decided to wait before installing the EIS software as it was so new at the time. I was checking my subscriptions the other evening and noticed that my emisoft licence was about to expire so I renew it and figured I would at that point install it.

Thats when my problems started. If it was not the fact that my fans started working overtime to control the heat I would probably endure it to see if a fix arrives but as heat kills systems its not a chance I want to take with my rig at the moment. I would be more than happy to try it again down the road as I have always been fairly happy with the product , but I cant say I would be happy  watching my subscription days tick down while I wait to see if it becomes usable for me. I think the best course of action for me at this particular point would be to not use it , contact support and down the road try the trial out to see if its something I can use again.

Edited by Fabian Wosar
Fixed quotes.

We do offer refunds within the first 30 days no questions asked if you bought the license in our shop. We don't handle license issue in the forum for obvious privacy reasons, but you can send an email to [email protected] Make sure to include your order number and we will refund your order ASAP.

Thanks Fabian , I will do that and down the road will give the trial a shot to see if my system is happier with it as I do like the product

Thanks Fabian , I will do that and down the road will give the trial a shot to see if my system is happier with it as I do like the product

Sounds like a plan, welshboy1971. If you are having issues with obtaining a trial license in the future, just let me know and I will reset your trial status.