hjlbx

EIS - Configure Outlook.com/Hotmail.com Malware Email Notification

Hello,

I do not use an email client.  Instead I use Outlook.com/Hotmail.com.

I have tested the "Send an email if malware is detected," but evidently I am not configuring it properly.

Windows Live / Hotmail SMTP details:

• Hotmail SMTP server name: smtp.live.com
  • Hotmail SMTP user name: your Hotmail account
  • Hotmail SMTP password: your Hotmail password
  • Hotmail SMTP port: 25 or 465                                                                              (both ports connection timeout)
  • Hotmail SMTP port: 587                                                                                       (Error Msg: Must Start TLS)

When I select "Test email" a "Connection has timed out" pop-up appears.

Thanks,

hjlbx

Hi bro I only want to thank you about the tips you give us I knew emisoft are very good piece of software but your help clarifing some topics are invaluable thanks again

Hello Aktiffiso,

Glad my posted questions...and more importantly, their answers...help.

If I don't know, then I ask questions.

I like Fabian's, Frank's, Elise's answers - they are very comprehensive.  Emsi's staff don't skimp on the details.  :)

It's nice, and highly unusual I might add, to have an open, direct line of communcation with the developers.

That's why I am here...and not anywhere else.

Don't you think?

Thanks,

hjlbx

PS - Aktiffiso, my first post in this thread is a question...not the answer.  I am waiting on Emsi staff to reply.

The SMTP engine used by EAM and EIS currently doesn't support TLS. As far as I know Microsoft's email service only accepts emails over an encrypted connection. So it is currently impossible to use it for the email notification feature. We are working on supporting TLS and SSL for the email sending feature though.

The SMTP engine used by EAM and EIS currently doesn't support TLS. As far as I know Microsoft's email service only accepts emails over an encrypted connection. So it is currently impossible to use it for the email notification feature. We are working on supporting TLS and SSL for the email sending feature though.

Hi Fabian,

any news about support of (START)TLS encryption to use email notification with outlook.com or Office 365?

Alex