The Banned

Emsioft IS block app whith firewall

Hi  again and happy year i only want to ask you about how can i block an exe file to conect internet manually can you say me i see firewall seetings very confusing for manual magnament  for example if i want to block internet acces to X.,exe fie how i can i create custom rule because that dont appears in protection tab but are a easiest way i create a rue who says block tcp/udp and another to lock another trafic thans again 

Hello Aktiffiso,

If I am interpreting your post correctly, you wish to create a Custom rule for file X.exe - because there currently is no rule set for X.exe to be found in the EIS

"Application Rules."

The first rule set you wish to create is:  Behavior Blocker -  "Allow All" and Firewall  -  "Custom Autorule - Block IN/OUT - TCP/UDP.

You also wish to create a second Custom rule set for X.exe to block connections, but for a different internet protocol (TCP or UDP only).

Are the above details correct?

Thanks,

hjlbx

Edited by hjlbx

Hi in concret thats are the cuestion are if my cousin tell me he wants my laptop and he wants to browse on internet and i dont want he does can i stop all web traffic to google chrome, i want to block all kind of web traffic, Another topic for example my cousin wants to use my steam cloud and i dont want how can i block steam.exe whith EIS firewall I want to block all kind of traffic. In online armor you have a list of apps who says allow or block all, but here are more complex create custom rules to block all kind of web traffic in a single file

To prohibit an application from accessing the internet, you can create a new application rule (Protection/Application Rules). In the "Firewall Outgoing" tab, select "Custom rules" and add a new rule that looks like this:

q3UGxFO.png

We are currently looking into ways to make this process easier for the user. Most likely we will add a "Block all" to the drop down menu in addition to the "Allow all" and "Custom rules".

If you want to block both outgoing and incoming connection you will have to create a similar rule in the incoming tab as well. You can also create rules for other protocols although that most likely won't be necessary to keep things from communicating with the outside in the examples you mentioned as all those programs use TCP for their communication.