cybworld

EIS giving BSOD errors- Disappointed.....

Hello guys,

I've recently purchased EIS ...I was using Eset Smart Security earlier..After i installed Emsisoft IS it started giving BSOD errors and my laptop was restarted several times..I've reinstalled it and still no hope...After restarting several times ..I had to revert back to Eset Smart Security which is working fine....i am totally disappointed with EIS as i lost my money and time...Is there anything you guys could do to help me???..My OS is Windows 8.1  :( 

Thank you....

@tester

Are you sure that ESS was completely uninstalled?

Did you use their uninstaller or Windows'?

I used windows program uninstaller...restarted the system and then installed EIS

Do you have this KB979278 hotfix installed.     If not you need it.

Pete

dont know...i have Windows 8.1 with latest updates installed...I have seen that EIS already have this BSOD problems as well as stability problems as reported by many users...EAM is more stable compared to this..Is there any way to degrade this Internet Security license to EAM license???

Thank you

Any chance you can provide one of the mini dumps that was written during the crash? That would allow us to figure out what is going wrong on your system. You can find the crash dumps in your C:\Windows\Minidump directory. You attach one here to the forum or send it via email to [email protected] and I will look into it ASAP.

• Upvote 1

Any chance you can provide one of the mini dumps that was written during the crash? That would allow us to figure out what is going wrong on your system. You can find the crash dumps in your C:\Windows\Minidump directory. You attach one here to the forum or send it via email to [email protected] and I will look into it ASAP.

Hello sir,

I've checked the minidump folder and its empty..I usually use ccleaner and wisecare 365 for clearing temp files and cache..Any other way ??

Thank you

Hello sir,

I've checked the minidump folder and its empty..I usually use ccleaner and wisecare 365 for clearing temp files and cache..Any other way ??

Thank you

Besure the minidumps are turned on.  Reproduce the BSOD, and immediately capture the minidump file.

Hello sir,

Thank you

Hello cybworld,

Both CCleaner and Wise Care 365 will delete dump files (extension .dmp) by default during any disk clean-ups.  You must untick "Dump Files (.dmp)" under Windows in both CCleaner and Wise Care settings.

Alternatively, you can disable scheduled disk clean-ups or not perform any manual scans until the minidumps have been attached in this thread.