Sign in to follow this  
zylu

how to send a file for analysis (for FP)

Hi. A-squared found trojan, but i am sure it's false positive. It thinks mltb32.dll is trojan. Then i remove this dll, my legally bought dictionary (Multilex deluxe) isn't working. I have this dictionary from summer of 2008. Last year Bitdefender, Avira and Gdata also weren't happy about this file. I send this file to avira. They confirmed that it was FP. So: how to send to a-squared team for analysis? I send it from Gui of A2 maybe week or two ago, but this FP still exists. You can see my log. Thanks.

Thank you very much, Christian. It would be great to have a topic (in this forum) with link to this address.

Hi zylu, welcome to the forum

The address posed by Christian Peters mentioned in Contact Us (see Service & Support)

Creating the password protected file described in

'> this Offtopic thread

Basically that is not a problem for me to edit the thread & add some info regarding e-mail submission there. It is just e-mail type of submission is rarely used now

As you can see from this Russian site:

http://forum.ubuntu.ru/index.php?topic=13120.150

and as you mentioned that is indeed not a “new issue” regarding flagging of this file by other security

I was just searching & the site just drew my attention because the similar detection there (in the past ) and because of Lingvo x3 files detections

I do have X3 installed here Multilingual, but English-Russian is the main thing I'm using.

I never used "Multilex Deluxe" by Paragon though

I hope that issue will be resolved ASAP

My regards

Hi, Lynx. Thanks for information. I have Multilex deluxe because i need french, spanish and english dictionaries. I have Abbyy Lingvo European edition (12 version). Never had any problem with Abbyy and any Antivirus has never detected nothing. Regards.

Thank you for reply, zylu

Well, I did have some issues with other security Package re: Lingvo License Service in the past

We cannot live without FPs :)

Other than that I hope that the issue was or will be resolved shortly

I'll send you PM

Cheers!