ejsheldon

cefsubprocess.exe has changed

I have a plugin that I use in my DAW(s) called BIAS_x64.dll. Every time I open the plugin interface I get multiple alerts that cefsubprocess.exe has changed, do I want to remove/update the rule? No matter what I choose to do, I get these alerts when I open the plugin. A search of my hard drive for cefsubprocess.exe returns nothing, likewise no results on google. What is this, and how do I stop these annoying alerts?

Yes, show hidden files and folders is enabled. Still doesn't show in a search, nor does cefsubprocess.dll, which did show up on a Bing search, with not much info. Anyway, beside the point, which is to get emsisoft to ignore it. Where'd this "RULE" come from, anyway? I don't see anything in Application Rules about it. Forget I asked. How do I get emsisoft to stop with the messages about it?

Yes, show hidden files and folders is enabled. Still doesn't show in a search, nor does cefsubprocess.dll, which did show up on a Bing search, with not much info. Anyway, beside the point, which is to get emsisoft to ignore it. Where'd this "RULE" come from, anyway? I don't see anything in Application Rules about it. Forget I asked. How do I get emsisoft to stop with the messages about it?

Hello ejsheldon,

On the Applications Rule tab, above the list of app rules, there is a  search field.  Did you enter "cefsubprocess.exe"?

The process belongs to the Chromium Embedded Framework. It's used by applications to integrate HTML based content and websites. The repeated "has changed" alerts are caused by a bug in EAM/EIS at the moment that fails to update rules for applications with a long path. The problem has already been fixed in the current public beta version. The reason why you most likely don't find the application in your application rule list is because you have the "Hide trusted" option turned on. Just turn it off. If you don't want to switch to the current beta version I suggest you enable the "Don't alert when this file changes" option for the rule in question. That way EAM/EIS won't bother you any longer.