woni

Asustor 202-TE NAS and firewall

I am unable to access my Asustor 202-TE NAS over the local home network when the EIS firewall is enabled.  Disabling the firewall allows access.

I would appreciate any help in creating a rule to allow access.

Thanks for any help.

Hello,

please open EIS and go to the section Protection subsection Firewall. Press the button Manage networks. You are using the Private network or the Public network option?

Do you use any special software to conatct the NAS or do you use standard Windows programs like the Windows Explorer to get access to the NAS?

Hello Christian,

Private network is selected under Manage networks.

I can browse the NAS using Windows explorer and have no issues transferring files. The Asustor Control Centre is used to update the Asustor applications and gives access to configuration settings. I also cannot use the WOL feature. If I disable the firewall the Asustor software and WOL is accessible, and I can put the unit to sleep.  I have added two .exe files from the Asustor application under Program Files to the Application Rules and have allowed full access under the firewall options, both incoming and outgoing.

I've used TeamViewer so I'm happy for you to access my system to investigate the problem.  As I am in Australia the time difference would need to be taken into account.