starchild1976

Emsisoft Internet Security and Emet 5.1

Hello is is safe / needed to install emet 5.1 alongside EIS , or will this cause any conflicts? as an extra security meassurement I wanted to add Hitman Pro Alert. but before I do I wanted some expert opinions on this ;) many thanks in advance!

Whether you choose to run Emet or HMPA is your choice, but don't run the both.  Neither by themself should cause any conflicts.  Both together, and good luck

• Upvote 1

Guest Tempus

Hi starchild1976 and wellcome to the forum...(like your username btw. )

For what it's worth, I have used Emet ( 5.1) in default mode, alongside with Emsisoft anti malware and with windows own firewall. This system setup have never caused me any issues, and I have been using Emet for a couple of years now. The smartest thing to do, would be to do an Image backup of your whole drive, before trying new security combinations, to mitigate compatibility issues or whatever you might run in to....just to be safe.

Regards Tempus

hello Peter2150 and Tempus thank you both for your anwsers :) I have backed up my cdrive , just moments ago and I might ad emet tonight. when it comes to security I am very caustios. I do not want to have to much onboard , but at the same time be protected well.a yes the name starchild , well......the hottest band in the world......KISS do I need to say more :P

EMET will run fine alongside EAM/EIS. Just stick to the default rules. Do not add any of the EAM/EIS processes to EMET. This will cause issues as EMET doesn't like the bug reporting component we are using and issues a false positive.

• Upvote 1