G-hot

unexpected shutdown after processing found items!

hi there

i just run a Custom Scan yesterday for C/ drive and Some of infection has been found! Then I clicked on quarantine, and the program proceeds to start removing items! Suddenly my system goes into an unexpected shutdown !?

Then the shutdown was not initiated by EEK. EEK will force a shutdown, but only after it displayed a notification about it.

In general every process can mark itself as essential for the system to operate properly. If such a process is killed, Windows will blue screen or force a reboot on its own. A lot of malware abuse that feature. So it isn't surprising that a system may reboot or even bluescreen unexpectedly during the removal process.

i do agree with fabiam, many malware, to protect themself uses that feature that marks them as a essencial process or service, some may launch a BSOD or restart the pc (to prevent them to be removed)... however if an active detection did that it sounds you have an infection in your hands... you should go and find some help in malware assistance. if you want to avoid that problem just boot in safe mode so that way malware doesnt load itself and can be easily removed, if not then you should kill the malware process prior making a scan.

as an example BAIDU products uses to kill process like EEK.adwcleaner etc, sounds weird but they stated that they do that because they want to avoid any "unathorized" change or uninstall 

Keep in mind that running in Safe Mode also limits EEK's ability to function as it prevents us from loading some of our drivers. So using Safe Mode for malware cleanup is not recommended.