care about privacy

hilfe

Hello Emsisoft Team

Just one short question.

You always speak about the care of privacy so how or why you have so many requests from google, facebook, twitter and so on on your website?

Don't get me wrong in my opinion emsisoft is the best malewareprotection i ever saw and your support-forum is awesome!

But i didn't understand that all of this datacollecting companies have the permisson to track your websitevisotors or forumreaders/members!

Best Regards hilfe

I admit it is a dilemma that we're facing here. On the one hand we would like to maintain the highest level of privacy for our website visitors, but on the other hand we'll have issues cutting us off from the whole social network scene completely. We can't neglect that social networks became an essential part of any online marketing activities today.

I'll take personally care of this matter to see how we can reduce the number of third party module on our websites to a very minimum. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Upvote 1

Hello Christian

Thank you for your answer! I understand the problem! But there is an easy solution that maybe helps you out. I just found it in german so maybe someone off your team how speaks german can take a look at this. http://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/2-Klicks-fuer-mehr-Datenschutz-1333879.htmlIt is just an idea but maybe this helps you a bit

with your dilema. In short it is an button for social networks which is turned of per default and every user can turn it on if he/she need's it. The code of it is open source and simple.

Keep on your good work emsisoft

• Upvote 1

The Shariff solution looks very elegant and I'm watching the project for quite some time. They released a new version a few months ago https://github.com/heiseonline/shariff

It doesn't 100% meet our requirements but we may adapt some things from it and replace our current social media buttons. It's already in the works.

• Upvote 2