pallino

Emsi update engine A and archive scan

Dear Emsi Team,

on malwaretips.com I read that Emsi 's engine A (Emsisoft' s one) is updated only on weekdays and not on weekends and that only bitdefender's engine is able to scan inside archives.

Is this correct?

Thank you

We do provide signature updates on every day. So the first part is incorrect. The second part however is correct. The Emsisoft scan engine is not used when scanning withing archives.

ok great... some one asked before me, well i was tracking the amount of signatures you release and i found that only a few signatures are added compared to a normal bussiness day and only bitdefender engine is updated regularly (talking about weekends, engine A).. and on some weekends i dont see any update for engine A only for engine B... is this ok

There are some A engine updates over weekend but are rare and have only few signatures.

They are small company...people have to rest.

There are some A engine updates over weekend but are rare and have only few signatures.

They are small company...people have to rest.

i know that but just wanted to know their answer... that all.. because bitdefender engine sometimes is not enough