ddooley

BSOD with Emisoft Internet Security Firewall

I have been testing the product on my home PC for the past few weeks and have received three BSOD's during that time. According to my dump file reader, one is attributed to the Emisoft Firewall included in the AV product I am testing. I have never received a BSOD on this machine before installing Emisoft. I am hoping this is a known issue with a fix?

On Tue 3/3/2015 2:56:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030215-21949-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74EC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800034D60CF)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 3/3/2015 2:56:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fwwfp764.sys (fwwfp764+0x61CB)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800034D60CF)
file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Internet Security\fwwfp764.sys
product: Emsisoft Firewall SDK
company: Emsisoft GmbH
description: Emsisoft Firewall Engine
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: fwwfp764.sys (Emsisoft Firewall Engine, Emsisoft GmbH).
Google query: Emsisoft GmbH IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Tue 2/17/2015 7:14:32 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021715-27019-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74EC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800034970CF)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Thanks for your time.

I'm sure the devs would appreciate it if you could attach the .dmp file if you still have it.

You may have to zip it up first in order to attach it.

What build of Emsisoft Internet Security are you using?  

As mentioned by stapp before, without the actual dump files (not some kind of logs created by third party tools) there is unfortunately not much we can do for you. So I would appreciate it if you would attach one of the mini dumps to your next reply. The file attachment options become visible after you click the "More Reply Options" button at the bottom right.