Batman

CLOSED EIS closed ports

Are you using the default EIS firewall configuration, or have you made any changes to it?

Are you using the default EIS firewall configuration, or have you made any changes to it?

Im using the default EIS firewall configuration

OK, there is a known issue where some ports are not blocked by EIS, and our developers are looking into the cause.

Despite the fact "there is a known issue where some ports are not blocked by EIS, and our developers are looking into the cause," your open ports issue might have nothing to do with EMIS. I went through a period a couple of months ago where I had an open port (can't recall which it was." It had nothing to do with the firewall I was using. I tried several different Security Suites and the port remained open no matter what Suite/Firewall I was using.

The port finally closed after having to do a system restore for a totally unrelated reason. Noteworty is that the system restore point  I used was created after the port problem started.

I still have no clue as to what was causing it.

I believe it was a "streaming service " port.

I'll try and find which it was as I iasked for help on several sites, probably including this one. Many suggested fixes were offered, but none worked.

I have a program that shows what service is using what port at any given time, but it did not report the open port as being in use.

Update: It was Port 554 that was open. It's a Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) Port, often used by Windows Media Player.

If there was nothing listening to the port, then the port scan should have showed the port as closed since the connection would have timed out. Something must have replied on that port for it to be perceived as 'open'. Were you running the port scan via a website? If so, does your Internet connection go through a router or a modem that has Network Address translation (NAT)?