Dan2

Network Attack Pop-Up

Hi!  I was wondering if anybody knows if Online Armor would show an alert if the users computer is attacked by say another computer over the users network, as I was reading that not all security solutions by different companies do.  Also I was wondering about Emsisoft Internet Security.  Does it or it's firewall show an alert if and when a network attack occurs.  Thanks

The only reason I was asking was I remember when I had Norton IS years ago alerts would be shown about my computer being attacked over the network and I was just wondering if Emsisoft products have similar alerts.

Generally alerts are only displayed when something on your computer that isn't trusted or automatically allowed initiates a connection or something not trusted/allowed performs a behavior that could be considered malicious. Network-based attacks would be blocked silently.

If you have more than one computer on your local network, then you can test this with tools like Nmap (an open source port scanning tool).