Gabbie

EAM-9 asks to reboot at each update

Earlier this afternoon, I got the little slider window that asked me to reboot, so I assumed the version had been updated (still on 9 -- not set for betas), so I went ahead and rebooted.  A while later, it happened again, which was a bit strange, but I went ahead and rebooted, as my mind was on other things.

Now it wants to reboot after each update -- I just did one with the UI open and watched 2 definition file updates download, then got yet another request to reboot. 

What gives?

The particulars:

Malware signatures (emalware.204)   x2

Host blocker blacklist

Version 9.0.0.5066

Same with me.   I let it restart for a 3rd time today.  I checked the version number before it restarted.  After rebooting, the version number is still the same:   9.0.0.5066

I assume this update snafu would not compromise its protection.  Someone at Emsisoft please confirm?  

Updating off for the time being, but I'd sure like a confirmation that it works otherwise (and didn't mess up something elsewhere in the system while it was at it)...

Does anyone of you have debug on and could send their latest a2service_*.log file please?

Got a similar issue with Internet Security

Where's that log file ?

Timing is everything.  I finally found how to set up the logging, rebooted, and ran the update -- which did NOT ask me to reboot this time, and then got notification of your latest post.  :lol:

So all is well, and I have the batch files for next time.  :P

(BTW, it doesn't look like I can fix the title of this thread from my hastily typed "aks" to "asks" -- oh well.)

I also had this problem but it finally stopped after the last reboot.  However, the shield has disappeared in my task bar.  Is there a way to get it back without rebooting?

Doug

Glad to see the problem disappeared. 

What exactly was the problem?

And somehow it wanted me to still reboot after you said the problem was gone.

Now that i followed that request it looks like it's gone now. But maybe it'll appear again.

The problem actually was a duplicate entry for the same update file in our database. That led the software to download to download the same file twice which resulted in a lock situation as each download-thread tried to write the same file at the same time. Locked files are typically updated by reboots. We have taken measures to prevent such duplicates in the future. Sorry for all the troubles.

• Upvote 1

Problem is worse for me.  When I rebooted I got a message stating that there is a major problem which has prevented the application from starting. "Emsisoft Security cant connect to the service application. Please reboot your computer and try again or contact support if the problem persists."   I have rebooted several times and still get this message. I'm currently unprotected.  I am only using Emsisoft Antimalware so whats up with that message? Any ideas?

I don't know what happened but I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling EAM and it seems to be okay now.  This is some quirky software to say the least!  I'm glad I am now protected again.