EAM + Kaspersky Total Security?

So I recently bought EAM (Emsisoft Anti Malware) as another protection utility to go with my Kaspersky Total Security. I knew that I needed an anti malware to go with my anti virus, I did my research and found out Emsisoft is more than likely the one for me. I tried to do some research about compatibility between these two products but I could not seem to find an up to date answer so I thought I would ask it here. Can I run Emsisoft Anti Malware Simultaneously with Kaspersky Total Security or will it produce performance issues?

PC Specs:

RAM: 16GB @ 1600Mhz

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.0Ghz

(Not sure if that's relevant ^) 

Thanks in advance!

I knew that I needed an anti malware to go with my anti virus, I did my research and found out Emsisoft is more than likely the one for me.

Actually EAM is an "antivirus"-program as well. Quoting from the FAQ:

Can it replace my current antivirus software?

Yes. Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a complete antivirus solution that provides protection against all manner of threats that are lurking on the internet. Two full virus scanning engines are used to ensure optimal detection and cleaning, while the three-layered real-time protection prevents new infections from entering your PC.

Why is it called "Anti-Malware" and not "Antivirus"?

Our analysis lab has determined that classic viruses only make up less than 0.5% of total threats (in 2012). Referring to our product as an "Antivirus" would therefore be wrong by definition. We're perfectionists so we have elected to use the broader term "Malware" when naming our product. "Malware" includes all types of threats, such as viruses (0.5%), rogue security software (0.5%), rootkits (1.0%), adware (2.7%), possible malicious applications (4.1%), worms (4.6%), financial malware & password stealers (5.3%), online gaming password stealers (6.9%), backdoors (13.3%) and trojans (61.3%). Please note that not all "Anti-Malware" products on the market include the same functionality and protection level.

(Also this blogpost can help you in your decision.)

Of course you can use EAM (but not EIS!) alongside another security suite - question is if it's really necessary. I think it should be enough to either use KIS or EAM (or EIS if you really need a personal firewall) but that's for you to decide.

As for performance issues: There are no known issues in combination with KIS (afaik) but I would just give it a try. Every system is different and imo it's always better to gain your own experiences.

Also it´s recommended to use mutual exclusions so that both programs ignore each others processes. (Here's a tutorial on how-to. It's from an older version of EAM but should be mostly the same.)

I think it's been more than 6 months since I have seen reports about compatibility issues between Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Kaspersky Internet Security. If you do encounter any issues, then adding exclusions to prevent them from monitoring each other should resolve them.