jjfoto

Memory Leak?

Tested a lot on my pc, but every time my memory went up and never went down. PC just hangs in about 30 minutes or so. Finally I uninstalled Emsisoft Internet Security (which I don't want to, but to test I had to) and now I'm running my pc as it normally would. No problems with working in Lightroom and browsing with Chrome. So my thoughts: EIS has a memory leak. But I don't know what to do? I can try install again and see what it does, but I found it weird that suddenly there's a problem with using EIS. I have been using since november and has been running with no problems.

Hello,

you should exclude the EIS processes a2service.exe and a2guard.exe in your McAfee security software and exclude the McAfee processes mcshield.exe and McSvHost.exe in EIS from monitoring. This should solve your issue.

To exclude the McAfee processes in EIS please open EIS and go to the section Protection subsection File Guard and press the button Manage whitelist. Select Process under the Type column and click in the Item box. Then press the 3 dots to open the file open dialog. Select first the mcshield.exe and press OK. Repeat this step for the McSvHost.exe.

To exclude the EAM processes in McAfee please take a look in the McAfee software help section.

Hi, thanx for your reply! I will try that! It never was an issue before, but it's certainly worth a try. Will let you know how this works for me

I'm trying to reinstall, but got a message it's already installed. So I guess not all has been removed. What can I do to reinstall?

I suggest to always make a partition or disk image before installing any security software.

Later you can just restore it to the previous state if problem occurs.

Hello,

please download our cleaning utility from https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip to your desktop. Run the emsiclean.exe as Administrator.

Please read and confirm the Disclaimer. Then press only Close Emsisoft Clean. Then on your desktop there is a logfile EmsiClean_Date_Time. Send this file to [email protected] with a hint to this topic here.

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

I just reinstalled, and excluded the files. Maybe I was too late, but memory went up again to 80%. I will restart and check again later.

Since the original question has been answered (EIS and McAfee consistently monitoring each other causing feedback loops that waste a lot of system resources), I will close the topic. The question for recommendations about additional security layers to run alongside Emsisoft Internet Security has been split into a separate thread in a more appropriate place. It can be found here:

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/17209-recommendations-for-additional-security-software-besides-emsisoft-internet-security/#entry130370