Jim90069

Lavasoft AdAware

I can't figure out why Lavasoft AdAware is continuing to try to resinstall, after I got rid of the program. Now it's telling me, on a daily basis that there is a "critical update" necessary.......I don't want to update it, I want to get rid of it, permanentaly!

Sorry for my English I'm Persian if you already uninstalled antivirus how it ask you to do that? I mean there is a icon or what?  

1) reinstall lavasoft again

2) uninstall it through program/feature 

3) If it ask for reboot, please allow it to do so

4) go to this ESET link http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146&locale=en_US

5) Scroll all the way to L alphabet and click lavasoft link

6) follow the instruction

7) I will post the instruction here in case if you need it

Lavasoft instruction

1. Click "uninstall Ad-Aware" in the lavasoft folder of your start menu

2. If it does not work, open your control panel, click add/remove programs and locate Ad-Aware SE

3. If it still does not work, locate and run (double-click) the file "unwise.exe" (the .exe might not be shown). It should be found in C:\program files\lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE [Personal/Plus/Professional]\

If that does not work, or if you get a message saying something like "Can't find Install.log," perform a manual uninstall, which is not a very difficult procedure. Do the following:

1. Click on "my computer" and navigate to your Lavasoft Ad-Aware folder (C:\program files\lavasoft\ad-aware \

2. Run the file unregaaw.exe

3. Delete the entire ad-aware folder

4. Delete your Lavasoft Ad-Aware link in your start menu (if present)

5. Delete the Ad-Aware icon(s) from your desktop(if present)

6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Application Data\Lavasoft and delete the entire Lavasoft folder.

7. Empty your trash bin

8. Reboot.