I bought a new 1 year license of Emsisoft Internet Security and decide to install the software. Installing was success without any issue at all, but when i open my windows firewall i see this so should i click " use recommended settings" and is okay for it to be like this? 

post-35056-0-66789700-1430023583_thumb.png
Download Image

Anytime you use a third party firewall, in this case EIS, windows firewall should be off.

Pete

Thanks for the replied, so should i turn windows firewall off manually or leave it like that in the picture above? Also does the picture above show that my windows firewall is disable or enable?

To ensure that only the EIS Firewall is running, Jerky may want to go to the "Turn Windows Firewall on or off"  link on the left side of the menu in his screenshot and verify the "on" or "off" status of Windows Firewall,

Per this Windows Vista Menu screenshot, I've experienced two firewalls running when Windows Firewall is reported as being "off".

Good luck!

To ensure that only the EIS Firewall is running, Jerky may want to go to the "Turn Windows Firewall on or off"  link on the left side of the menu in his screenshot and verify the "on" or "off" status of Windows Firewall.

EIS will turn the firewall off automatically. So there is no need to disable it manually. Keeping it enabled also has the benefit that if you ever turn of the firewall in EIS, it will automatically turn on the Windows firewall again.

In my screenshot, Windows Firewall is concurrently reported as "off" in one menu and reported as "on" in the other menu. 

At that time, my running a Shields Up! security scan resulted in my ports shown as fully stealth.

After turning Windows Firewall "off" in the menu where it was previously indicated as being "on", then Shields Up! showed my computer as having mostly closed ports, a few stealth ports, and a few open ports.

The results of the second Shields Up! scan indicated to me that Windows Firewall and the EIS fiewall component were both operational during the first Shields Up! scan.

I just checked on my test systems and EIS disables the firewall just fine. You can in theory enable it again afterwards which will result in the Windows firewall and EIS running at the same time, but that is a usage scenario we do not support.