twl845

Upgrade to Emsisoft Internet Security?

My current EAM license is good for another 338 days. Will you please tell me what the procedure would be to upgrade to EIS without losing my unused days in EAM, and how will I pay. Do I pay the full $49 for EIS and then my time is extended? What's the "license merger deal" spoken about in post #2?  Thanks in advance. :)

You can pay to upgrade as part of a renewal at this link, or you can send me a private message with your license key and I can convert it to an Emsisoft Internet Security license key.

EMSISOFT IS THE BEST! YOU SHOULD UPGRADE TO EMSISOFT INTERNET SECURITY! IS THE BEST SECURITY SUITE EVER! I FEELS SAFE OF RUNNING EMSISOFT INTERNET SECURITY ALONG SIDE OF MALWAREBYTES ANTI EXPLOIT PREMIUM!

I successfully upgraded to IS and have just one problem. I can boot up fine, shutdown fine, but if I click Sleep on my  Win7 x64 computer, the monitor goes black, but the computer doesn't go into sleep mode. I have to do a hard shutdown after waiting a minute or two. When I click Sleep and the monitor goes black I can see disk activity for just under a minute, but then it goes quiet but doesn't go into Sleep mode. Has anyone had this problem after installing IS, or does anyone know what I can do? Thanks for your response in advance.

I've heard a few other people report it, however it does seem to be rare (either that or not many people use standby mode). I'd recommend using something else until we can , such as hibernate mode or just shutting off the monitor and wifi to conserve power if needed.

I've heard a few other people report it, however it does seem to be rare (either that or not many people use standby mode). I'd recommend using something else until we can , such as hibernate mode or just shutting off the monitor and wifi to conserve power if needed.

Do you think a re-install would work? I was considering it.

Update: I created a snapshot in my Raxco Instant Recovery and booted to that snapshot so my primary snapshot with my IS would be safe. In the snapshot of my system that I made, I attempted to uninstall IS with plans of doing a re-install. Upon clicking uninstall in the menu, a window appeared saying "Uninstalling IS". The window sat there with nothing on the progress bar for at least 15 minutes. I finally gave up and did a hard shutdown, and booting up to my original snapshot. Is there a problem uninstalling?

There is not usually a problem twl845.

Try right-clicking on EIS taskbar icon and selecting 'shut down protection'.

Then give uninstalling another go.

There is not usually a problem twl845.

Try right-clicking on EIS taskbar icon and selecting 'shut down protection'.

Then give uninstalling another go.

Hi Stapp,  Thanks for the tip. I will do that if I attempt an uninstall again. The reason to re-install as I mentioned earlier is because after doing an upgrade to IS I can't use Sleep mode on my PC. The computer stays active. Do you have an idea what caused this and perhaps have a fix?

As GT500 suggested perhaps trying hibernate mode or just shutting off the monitor and wifi to conserve power if needed.

Perhaps a read here of the differences between the modes may help you take a different course of action.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions#

... Do you have an idea what caused this and perhaps have a fix?

There is no fix that I am aware of, and I don't think our developers have determined what is causing it.

As for the uninstall issue, you can always try starting the computer in Safe Mode and then performing the uninstall. There is less chance of an issue with the uninstall when the service and drivers are not running. ;)

Thanks Stapp and GT500 for the advice. Actually I am using Raxco Instant recovery, and have the pre EIS system on another snapshot. If I boot to that snapshot, Sleep mode works. I will try a few experiments. Thanks

Please let us know if you stumble upon something interesting during your experiments that could help us figuring out what is causing these issues on your system.

Please let us know if you stumble upon something interesting during your experiments that could help us figuring out what is causing these issues on your system.

I sure will.