Jayman007

Windows Action Center Reports Emsisoft Anti-Malware is Off When It Is Still Running

I'm sure the devs would find it helpful to know what build number and version (EIS or EAM) that you are using.

This issue is usually related to the Windows Action Center not being able to tell that Emsisoft Anti-Malware is running. If the problem is with the data in WMI that defines what anti-virus software is installed, then easiest way to resolve it is usually to uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware, restart your computer twice, and then download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

What has worked for me and a friend of mine (without having to reinstall EAM) is the following:

Restart the computer. Once the Emsisoft tray icon (the little shield) is there and BEFORE (!!!) the little Windows Action Center flag appears in the tray, quickly open EAM and start a manual definitons update (lower left in the main EAM window).

When I did this, all was good when the little flag appeared a little later. Windows Action Center reported no problems, EAM was recognized.

I suppose the manual update triggers some kind of communication with the Action Center, saying "Hi! I am here and the user told me to update now, so I am updating now." But I am no expert. It could be a coincidence. I just want to share what has worked or seems to have worked with my PC.

I hope it helps.

• Upvote 1