spaceboy_psy

'a-squared Free' folder in My Documents - DO NOT WANT! :)

How do I get rid of this annoying folder? I don't think I'll even need to save any scansets or reports, but if I do, I want to save them somewhere else. I like My Documents tidy :) and bloomin A2 is messin with my tidy-mojo!

Hope there's an answer, cheers all!

Why don't you move it from your My Documents folder to another location?

Which OS are you using? Read the posting rules and supply some more info, please.

Why don't you move it from your My Documents folder to another location?

Seriously, as simple as that?? Yup it works. Aren't I a chump! See I just tried the caveman approach, delete, destroy, begone! But of course it kept respawning. Didn't think of just moving it, assumed it'd respawn again in the same place unless I told A2 about the move somehow, but it doesn't seem to be coming back. See, knew it'd be simple, hence not bothering with much system info ;)

Cheers-very-much-ta!

Hi Guys,

spaceboy_psy, welcome to the forum

Moving just that folder (\a-squared Free\) from My Documents will not help.

The folder will be recreated as soon as any report saved \Reports\ subfolder

or

the new Scan Set created respectively \Scansets\ subfolder

The way is to chance location of "My Documents" if you want.

But the procedure is different depending on OS - therefore H_D asked about providing info as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

or there is a registry changes description as far as I remember given by Christian Mairoll

(we may try to find it in the old forum)

My regards

The way is to change location of "My Documents".

Ok, do you mean as regards the OS, or as regards A2?

So my OS is XP SP3.

I know how to change the location of My Docs by right-clicking on the My Docs link on the Start menu, but I don't think I want to do that... Do I?... Are you thinking of another method?

Cheers for help and patience chaps, much appreciated.

Using Windows Firewall and Avast! free, as your posting rules suggest I tell you :)

...I know how to change the location of My Docs by right-clicking on the My Docs link on the Start menu, but I don't think I want to do that... Do I?... Are you thinking of another method?...
Hi spaceboy_psy,

If you don't want to move the whole "My Documents", as it was posted above there is a another method.

You can set the values for the respective folders in the Registry

See attached exported Key (Folders) I set (F:\_Temp) as an example

note: when editing you have to enter just one slash, as above ("double-slashed" syntax is necessary for the merging procedure)

Keep in mind the after the registry was edited - move/delete \a-squared Free\ folder from its current location (\My Documents\)

You can just rename "a-squared Free" first in order to test.

After that you should get the new folder as a default in the Save Report/ Save/ Load Scansets... etc

My regards

p.s. I am not sure though that moving just this folder will keep \My Documents\ "clean" as you wanted You have "My Docs" in every profile and many programs are placing data there by default...

Actually that's why some users prefer moving/changing the location of "My Docs" globally placing it into different partition (even on a different physical drive) so there are less writings to "C:\...\". There are other advantages re: data being separated from the sys drive

thanks awfully for all your help and attention Lynx, it's much appreciated. I'll need to find some time to come back to this in the future, right now I have NONE :S But if I need any more help with it I'll come back and give you a shout.

Cheers!