julevine

Emsisoft Emergency Kit updates download speed

i  have  noticed that updating  signatures for  Emsisoft Emergency Kit  it very slow  feels like it downloads at 300kb/s or less  when i have  high speed internet  of 15MB/s takes  around 5 -10mins  or more to download all bitdefender  signatures 

download speed needs to be  increased to  1MB/s at least

please  resolve this soon  

thank you 

Have you tried installing Beta Updates for Emsisoft Emergency Kit? This issue should be resolved in the latest beta update.

All you have to do is enable Beta Updates from the settings, and then run an update.

Yes, it does mention it is for "Pro" licensing.

It probably wouldn't make a big difference if you wait more than 18 hours between updates. Technically 18 hours is a rough estimate, because it can vary from day to day, but we only keep the last 50 changes to a file on our update servers and with some of those signature files 50 changes can go by pretty fast. Once a file is older than the last 50 changes that have been made to it by our malware analysts, the entire file needs to be redownloaded, which causes updates to take longer.

yesterday i did 17 hrs and it took  little over 4 mins

just now i did 22 hrs  in 3:19

and i saw when it was downloading  signatures files  in folder  it was named  . diff / .repacked and .target

i guessing when there named like that it's just downloading changes

Those are the temporary files it uses when merging changes into database files.

Thanks for EEK excl.png

The issue reported here (and the post from julevine) is not what is or is not downloaded or when or how long between or the number of changes, but the meager speed.  I am seeing 100-800  Kbps and I've been seeing that for a looooooong time, for previous versions and .5008.

During the update process, EEK switches frantically between 80.237.191.2 and 72.21.81.253.  

In using EEK every month or so, I take into account a 20-30 minute update process.  If that's your SLA for a free product, no issues there, but you should just admit so and not rationalized it as payload bulk.

Regards.

Windows 7x64 - i7-3770K/Z77 - 50/5 U/D Mbps cable

The issue reported here (and the post from julevine) is not what is or is not downloaded or when or how long between or the number of changes, but the meager speed.  I am seeing 100-800  Kbps and I've been seeing that for a looooooong time, for previous versions and .5008.

That's because the free version only opens one HTTP connection to the update server, and thus only downloads one file at a time. With a Pro license it unlocks downloading up to 5 files simultaneously, so yes there is a slower download speed with the freeware license that Emsisoft Emergency Kit uses by default.

As for the download speed, I am not aware of there being a hard-coded download limit.