fotyc

OA keeps blocking Chrome, and I can't unblock it

I have been having an ongoing problem with Google Chrome and OA lately.  OA blocks Chrome from getting to the network router and thus to the internet.  The other day I deleted the entry for Chrome (Allowed and Trusted) from the list of programs and then opened Chrome, and OA asked me if it should be allowed - I said yes, and it fixed the problem.  Today it's blocked again, but now it's not even in my list of programs to delete.  History says a user decision blocked it because a trusted program had changed, but even if my daughter accidentally blocked it (which I don't think she would have done, it's her favorite browser), how can I find that and undo it?  I am having a terrible time with this problem and don't know why Chrome isn't in my list of programs at all anymore.  Please help!

I'm running the latest version of OA free, with updates current (7.0.0.1866) on Windows 8 with Avast free antivirus and Emsisoft Antimalware.

Thanks!  I feel like this must be easy and I'm just not getting it.  (putting OA in learning mode did not help)

You'll probably need to add Chrome to the exclusions in Online Armor. Here are some instructions for adding a folder to the Exclusions list in Online Armor:

• Click on the Start button, go to All Programs, go to Online Armor, and click on the Online Armor icon to open it.
  • Click on Options in the menu on the left.
  • Go to the Exclusions tab.
  • Click on the Add button.
  • Use the little [+] and [-] icons to the left of folder names to open and close them, find the folder you want to add, click on it to highlight it, and then click OK at the bottom.
  • Close the Online Armor window.

I will try that if I run into trouble again but I was hoping not to have to do that because I could only exclude the entire Chrome directory not just the executable itself...  I found another place to delete Chrome's entry, it was in the 'Firewall' section under Rules, it seemed somehow to keep Chrome tied to an older version number, and Chrome updates like every other day so deleting that seemed to open it up.

I'm glad to hear that deleting the firewall rule helped. Please be sure to let us know if you have any further trouble. ;)