Stripy

Update problem

First time here, and let me say this is the excellent peace of software. Currently I am on the trial version of the EIS, before that I was on ESET, but I wan't to try something else and many people suggested this product + it's cheaper :).
But the last day or two I have problem with the update. It's updating for ages, and many times or the "Connection error" or the "Unable to retrieve update information from server" is present. Everything is on the default except I turn off the SSL Encryption in the "Privacy".

post-36593-0-84927200-1432299393_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Lets try getting a log from WinMTR and see what your connection to our update servers looks like.

Here's where you can download WinMTR for free:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/latest/download

The download will be a ZIP archive, so you will need to right-click on it to extract it once the download is done. After it's been extracted, you can run the WinMTR file inside the new folder that was created during the extraction process (on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 please be sure to right-click on the WinMTR file and select "Run as administrator").

Once WinMTR is running, enter the address dl.emsisoft.com into the 'Host' field, and then click the 'Start' button. After about 10 minutes you can click the 'Stop' button, and then click the "Export Text" button to save the log.

Please send me a Private Message, and attach the log to that message for me to review.

I'm having the same issue. It happened about two weeks ago and went away by itself but now it's happening again (EIS is two days out of date). I've followed GT500 instructions and attached WinMTR log to this message (EDIT: it always fail to attach, so here's a download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/546167/WinMTR-log.txt ), but it's pretty much an empty file (I let it run for 15 minutes). Services like isitup.org are reporting dl.emsisoft.com as down.

Hello GT 500 and everybody,

this problem is also still income yesterday, I thought I got rid :(

I tried the beta version as suggested GT500, but not working too.

I'm having the same issue. It happened about two weeks ago and went away by itself but now it's happening again (EIS is two days out of date). I've followed GT500 instructions and attached WinMTR log to this message (EDIT: it always fail to attach, so here's a download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/546167/WinMTR-log.txt ), but it's pretty much an empty file (I let it run for 15 minutes). Services like isitup.org are reporting dl.emsisoft.com as down.

I was also having problems with the empty file inside WinMTR, and after I turned off the firewall in EIS, WinMTR was starting to receive the data.

I was also having problems with the empty file inside WinMTR, and after I turned off the firewall in EIS, WinMTR was starting to receive the data.

Yes when I turned off firewall too, winMTR receive data, even traceroute emsisoft log is ok

Update just worked this morning (about 20 minutes ago). Any idea why this issue is coming and going out of nowhere?

Probably some server problems..not sure?

But anyhow...I've just purchased this excellent product! :)

... after I turned off the firewall in EIS, WinMTR was starting to receive the data.

Maybe a problem with our network filter driver for the firewall. There are a few known issue where they firewall in EIS has caused such issues, and our developers are working to resolve these. ;)

Again I am having a problem with the update! I have even try with the router of my neighbor, and even with my android phone as a router, everything is the same. But I have noticed one thing, the update problem is after I wake my computer from sleep mode, maybe it is related with that?

EDIT:

After the restart the problem remain, and even is going backward

EDIT 2:

Last update "successful" but the log says otherwise

P.S.

Forgot to mention I am on win 7 64 bit, but inside task manager "a2guard.exe" "a2service.exe" "a2start.exe" is everything 32 bit. Is that right?

EDIT 3:

I think I've found the "guilty software" for my update problems. As soon as I disabled him the update went fine, but I will monitor the situation to be 100% right.

post-36593-0-39160200-1432742651_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Someone else has reported issues with updates not running when the computer wakes from sleep mode. If that issue does continue to happen, then we can get some debug logs for our developers.

It's possible it's a local issue due to a large number of people using the Internet during the weekend. The MTR log didn't show any major issues between your computer and our update servers, however if it happens again you may want to try using WinMTR to check update.emsisoft.com as well just in case.

Don't know should I open new thread, but again I was having problems with update after waking from sleep, and also I have noticed that I can't open GUI and can't scan from right click menu after wake on sleep. Need completely restart computer or end emsisoft processes and turn it on again.

I also having a problem that the GUI can't open and also I can't scan from right click menu, after I wake my computer from sleep. I need to restart comp or end emsisoft processes and start them again. And also having update problems after wake from sleep. Maybe this all problems are somehow related and have some conflict with sleep mode?

Which processes specifically do you need to terminate and restart? Is it just a2guard.exe, or do you also have to terminate a2service.exe?

I assume this is reproducible every time you wake your computer from sleep mode? If so, then we can get a memory dump for our developers to take a look at. Just let me know if terminating just a2guard.exe and restarting it resolves the issue, so that we know what processes we need to get memory dumps from.

Again I was having problem with the emsisoft. I could not even terminate all three processes from the task manager. Last update was in 10:58 am local time, and I was not able to open emsi GUI. The problem is shown after I put several times computer to sleep mode, so it is probably some cumulative factor to this problem?

Every night I am putting computer to sleep mode, and everything is fine for a several days but after several days always the same problem. Before emsi I was on eset smart security...maybe there is some leftovers?

post-36593-0-12265000-1435419919_thumb.jpg
Download Image

We just released a new beta version yesterday. Could you enable Beta Updates, install the new beta version, and let me know if that helps? Here's instructions for doing that:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, select the option for Enable beta updates.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

We just released a new beta version yesterday. Could you enable Beta Updates, install the new beta version, and let me know if that helps? Here's instructions for doing that:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, select the option for Enable beta updates.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

Installed it. I will monitor the situation and feed back in a few days.

I'm glad to hear that the issue appears to be resolved. Please be sure to let us know if you have any further trouble. ;)