brihy1

not installing

I have a license for eam but was thinking about renewing to the internet security version.I uninstalled eam and tried installing eis but it got to the screen where it said installing on your computer and just sat there for about 15 minutes until i used the power button to restart.when i restarted it booted up fine and i went through the updated process but it said i had partial protection and the firewall was not even listed in eis?Im trying to install eis on 2 windows 8.1 hp 64 laptops and get same results?I ran into this issue when trying another vendors internet security suite also,Its something to do with the firewall part of the install that doesnt complete the install?Any ideas,if not ill just stick to eam?

did you ran "Emsiclean" after deinstalling EAM ?

###

Please download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get the log:

• Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  • Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  • Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  • A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

I downloaded and ran the Emsiclean and got a popup  no traces of emsisoft antimalware or mamutu have been found.I believe it has something to do with installing the firewall something with the driver.Both of my laptops that have problems installing eis are hp- 64 bit -windows 8.1.I can install eis on my windows 7 64 bit just fine?ill be going away for the weekend so i wont be able to reply until tuesday.

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

The only thing I am seeing in the log related to the issue is the following from the Windows Event Logs:

The program EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.tmp version 51.1052.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
I don't think it's exclusive to Emsisoft Internet Security however, since I also found the following:

The program LiveComm.exe version 17.5.9600.20856 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
LiveComm.exe is a file from Microsoft, and it appears to be used to communicate with the LIVE messaging servers (or at least something related to the services Microsoft brands under the name "LIVE").

I'm not seeing any potential cause in the FRST logs. For now, lets try disabling Windows Defender, and see if that helps. There's some detailed information about Windows Defender settings on Windows 8.1 at this link.

I disabled windows defender and tried installing eis again and got same result.I dont think its just emsisoft but like i said in original post,i tried another vendors internet security suite and it did the same thing but there antivirus program installed fine just like eam does.This is on 2 hp laptops that this is happening.

After about 5 times of trying to install it finally installed.My other laptop i plugged in via ethernet and it installed.I have no idea what the problem was but it seems something with the wireless driver or something like that,who knows.But anyhow its installed and so far working good.Thanks

It's possible that our network filter driver isn't compatible with the wireless network adapter in those laptops. Here's how to check and see if it's installed for your wireless adapter on the computer you managed to get it working on:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections and click OK.
  • Right-click on the wireless network adapter, and select Properties.
  • Look for the Emsisoft Network Filter in the list.

After about 5 times of trying to install it finally installed.My other laptop i plugged in via ethernet and it installed.I have no idea what the problem was but it seems something with the wireless driver or something like that,who knows.But anyhow its installed and so far working good.Thanks

I'm having a similar problem and may resort to your method of keep trying to install if there is no other solution. 

Did you keep uninstalling between tries, or just keep trying a new install over the partial install?

Yes it is in the list

It's possible that our network filter driver isn't compatible with the wireless network adapter in those laptops. Here's how to check and see if it's installed for your wireless adapter on the computer you managed to get it working on:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections and click OK.
  • Right-click on the wireless network adapter, and select Properties.
  • Look for the Emsisoft Network Filter in the list.

Good, that means it should be able to capture traffic from your wireless adapter and provide proper protection.

If you have any further trouble, then please be sure to let me know.