Acadia

EIS brings Blue Screen

After using OnlineArmor for six years, I upgraded to EIS.  Initially very smooth but next day I received a blue screen stating IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.  I have had this system for 2 1/2 years and this was the very first Blue Screen ever.  After several hard kills and reboots it was working again.  Next day same thing happens again.  This time I recovered using Macrium Reflect and my system is back to the way that it was, OA and no EIS.

I would like to go back to using EIS.  Any ideas what was happening?  Thank you very much.

Acadia

EDIT: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

Hi Acadia,

have you installed Microsoft hotfix before installing EIS?  If the hotfix is not installed windows will randomly crash. 

Thanks a ton people.  Since I already installed EIS once, will I still be able to use the same license, or do I need to contact Emsisoft Support?

Thanks again,

Acadia

Also, please note that the download from Microsoft doesn't actually install the hotfix. It extracts the hotfix installer somewhere on your computer so that you can then install the hotfix. Unfortunately by default it tries to extract it to C:\ which it doesn't have permission to write to, so it will fail, and it isn't nice enough to tell you when that happens. I recommend changing the place it extracts the file to somewhere you can find it easily, such as your desktop.