Cranfield

Subscription renewal question.

My Emisoft Anti Malware subscription is due inside 30 days and I am thinking of upgrading to the Emisoft Internet Security package.

This is where my simple mind gets confused.

On my renewal notice it says if I switch to E I S its £25.99 pa, ( its £27.72 on the website) , thats easy.

If I use the "extension" of one year its £32.89, does that option mean that I am buying 2 years subscription in total ?

The percentage savings suggested for joining/extensions don't appear to add up either, but that is rather incidental to my main query.

Please don't judge that I am too stupid to have E I S. :)

Dear Cranfield,

Thank you for contacting our support.

Right now we offer a special price for new licenses because of the release of version 10. So £27.72 is the price for a new 1-PC 1 year Emsisoft Internet Security license currently. If you renew you will receive at least 25% rebate for a 1 year renewal depending on the rebate level of the license key you would want to renew - this is the price of £25.99 you've recognized.

With the renewal order for £25.99 mentioned above you'll extend your license for a further full year plus upgrade to Emsisoft Internet Security. In the end you will receive a new license key for Emsisoft Internet Security per email which owns the rest of the license time from your old Emsisoft Anti-Malware key plus the full year you purchased with the renewal.

The "extension" you mentioned is an extra 1 year license key for one mobile device for our security app Emsisoft Mobile Security which only runs on Android OS: http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/mobilesecurity/

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the explanation, that certainly clarifies the one year subscription and the "extensions" issue.

However, I still do not understand the benefits of buying additional years subscriptions.

If I buy one year its £25.99 (discounted), if I buy two years its £48.52 , which is supposedly a "30% discount".

A 30% discount of what ?

Three years subscription of £67.58 is supposed to be 35% discounted.

Please believe that I am intending to upgrade to E I S and am not being difficult, but the discount for extra years subs does not add up.

Dear Cranfield,

Normally 1 year of protection would cost roughly £32.5, if you renew 1 year this would cost you £25.99 (25% discount from the normal price). Now if you decide to purchase 2 year you will get the first year extension for £25.99 and the second for about £22.50 (30% discount from the normal price), so you would pay about £48.50 all in all.

So the 25%, 30% and 35% rebate for a 1 year, 2 year or 3 year renewal are calculated from the normal price new customers would pay for an initial order without any special offer. Currently the price you see on our homepage for 1 year licenses is the special price with €/$ 10 off the normal price - if EUR or USD are used as base price depends on the location you place your order from.

Please just let us know if you should have any further questions.

Thanks again for your prompt reply which is appreciated. :thumbs:

Not knowing about the normal price of £32.50, is the reason my maths discount didn't make sense.

EDIT NOTE: Just went to renew and upgrade to E I S and find that the subscription has gone up since yesterday, from £25.99 to £26.07.

I assume this is some currency conversion fluctuation, looks like I need to wait until the £ is stronger against the $.

Today its £26.15. :wacko:

Most international software companies fix prices in Euro, British pounds, USDollars, etc., rather than have subscription rates fluctuating by the hour.

Dear Cranfield,

Thank you for your feedback. You are welcome!

Our prices are calculated from USD or EUR depending on your location. The exact price in your currency depends on the exchange rate currently used from the system.

Please just let us know if we can assist you any further.

OK, the pound is strong against the dollar and the subscription rate has dropped acordingly, so I am going to upgrade from EAM to EIS.

I currently have Avast Internet Security installed, which I am going to uninstall.

Do I do this before, or after installing EIS, or doesn't it matter ?

Dear Cranfield,

I assume that Avast Internet Security includes a firewall as well.

Please uninstall other security software, and also please restart your computer twice(!) if the other product should include a firewall before installing Emsisoft Internet Security.

You can download the installer from our homepage or the following direct link: http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftInternetSecuritySetup.exe

I have now installed EIS, following the process as advised, all seems well.

However, why is the first box on the Emisoft Security Centre Yellow (not Blue) and states " Partial Protection".

Have I missed something ?

"Partial Protection" usually means that one or more of the Guards is not enabled. If you open Emsisoft Internet Security, and look at the rectangle on the left that says "Partial Protection", right below that it lists the Guards (Surf Protection, File Guard, and Behavior Blocker). In front of the name of each Guard is a symbol to show if it is on or off.

If a Guard is on, the symbol will be a check mark. If the Guard is off, then the symbol will be a white circle with an 'X' in it. Just click on the symbol in front of the Guard's name to turn it on or off.

Please note that "Partial Protection" can also indicate issues with downloading updates, although the Windows Security Center is supposed to notify you when this is the case. You can still verify this by opening Emsisoft Internet Security, moving your mouse into the gray box at the bottom that says 'Updates', and click on "Update now" to manually start the update process.

Also, in version 10, since it doesn't run a scan during the installation, it will say "Partial Protection" until you have run a scan.

Thank you for the swift response, I have run a scan and the "Partial Protection" box has turned green and is now entitled " Protection".

I appreciate your patience.