bubl8015

Internet Explorer 11 Won't Open

Hi I  am pretty sure something in EIS is keeping me from getting on the internet using IE11.  I say this because all of sudden yesterday or day before everything was fine.  Now I can't get on using IE11 - I even uninstalled it back to IE9 - then it was fine!  So, I reinstalled IE11 - nothing - I can use Chrome and get on the internet - just not IE11.  So then I went and uninstalled EIS - bingo could get on no problem at all.  Then i went & reinstalled EIS - now I can't get on again - what setting is preventing IE11 to open??  Any help would be gladly appreciated  Dave

It seems like you either got a virus/malware on your pc or i could be wrong about that because my IE11 works fine from version 9 to 10 upgrade without any issue. My best bet is to restore IE settings back to default settings and then run a full scan with EIS to make sure that there's nothing suspicious on your PC or wait for the Emsisoft support. Also, make sure your windows,java,flash,and browser are up to date as well. 

I assume IE11 will open, but you can't visit any webpages?

Please try the following, and let me know if it helps:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on the Factory defaults button near the upper-right.
  • Make sure that only the option labeled Global firewall rules is selected.
  • Click the OK button to apply the changes.