Sign in to follow this  
Guest 9999

Setting of EIS 10 Firewall

Guest 9999

We all know that the antivirus part of the product is based on EAM and it's excellent.

What about the firewall part and its settings compared to Online Armor and similar products?

I will list some firewall-specific questions and other users can also add their own if they want:

1) Is it possible to block ALL traffic (in & out) in EIS v10 firewall and then set it to ask me for each network connection that every single program requests?

2) If (1) is possible, the alert screen would be the huge one in the center of the screen or can be changed to a smaller one that could be placed somewhere else on the screen?

3) If (1) is possible, and for example Firefox asks me to connect to IP 111.111.0.0 can I select options like “allow once”, “allow always”, “allow all connections” “block once”, “block always”, “block all connections”?

4) Is any kind of network monitoring tool or any other firewall related tool included in EIS10?

1) Is it possible to block ALL traffic (in & out) in EIS v10 firewall and then set it to ask me for each network connection that every single program requests?

There are settings to determine whether or not to ask for outgoing connections (by default they are automatically allowed), and it is already set to always ask for incoming connections. Obviously like Online Armor there are mechanisms to reduce the number of notifications, such as whitelisted digital signatures and our cloud network. We don't recommend turning those off, but it is technically possible to do so (assuming you enjoy lots of alerts).

Of course, the Application Rules do allow you to customize what to automatically allow on a per-application bases for both the Behavior Blocker and the firewall.

2) If (1) is possible, the alert screen would be the huge one in the center of the screen or can be changed to a smaller one that could be placed somewhere else on the screen?

Small notifications shown in the lower-right corner of the screen are only used for automatic decisions. Alerts requiring your attention are larger and displayed in the middle of the screen.

3) If (1) is possible, and for example Firefox asks me to connect to IP 111.111.0.0 can I select options like “allow once”, “allow always”, “allow all connections” “block once”, “block always”, “block all connections”?

Here's a screenshot of what the alert will look like:

post-18745-0-09647000-1433501030_thumb.p
Download Image

4) Is any kind of network monitoring tool or any other firewall related tool included in EIS10?

No, EIS isn't intended to be as advanced as Online Armor, and does not include any advanced tools.