Offline Sword

Something wrong with the quarantine counter

Suppose that there are 20 malware samples in the quarantine of EIS.

Now we enter the quarantine interface, and delete all the samples in the quarantine.

Certainly, there is zero samples in the quarantine.

But when I exists the quarantine interface, the number of malicious items in the quarantine is still shown to be 20 in the main window.

At first I thought that it was just a GUI issue,  since entering the quarantine interface again can refresh this number.

I mean, at that time, I thought that the quarantine counter has actually been refreshed when I cleared the quarantine, but the GUI did not display the right value of the counter.

But just now I find that it is not just a display issue.

To see this, suppose that we still remove all the 20 samples in the quarantine.

Now, we decompress a malware pack that contains another 10 samples (assume that all of them can be detected by EIS).

Then the number of malicious items will shown to be 30!

It means that the quarantine counter directly uses the wrong value (20) in the accumulation.

So I guess, the quarantine counter itself has some bugs.

Please note that, closing and reopening the window can also refresh the number of malicious items.

This problem only happens when you directly go from the quarantine interface to the main interface by clicking the logo in the left-up corner or clicking the "overview" tab.

This also happens with other areas of the logs, I shall mention it in the beta area in case it needs attention.

Only way to totally clear the logs is to go to 'Settings' press the 'Factory Defaults' button and then put a tick in 'Clear all logs and reset counters'. Then press okay.

• Upvote 1

Hi,

The 'xx malware objects detected sofar' counter acts as a 'historical grand total' counter.

When you clear f.e. the Fileguard log, the 'xx malware objects detected sofar' counter is not recalculated.

We've added this counter cause it could be interesting to know how many malware objects were detected after a year or so.

Removing your logs has no effect on this counter, factory reset does.

cheers

• Upvote 1

This also happens with other areas of the logs, I shall mention it in the beta area in case it needs attention.

Only way to totally clear the logs is to go to 'Settings' press the 'Factory Defaults' button and then put a tick in 'Clear all logs and reset counters'. Then press okay.

Hi,

The 'xx malware objects detected sofar' counter acts as a 'historical grand total' counter.

When you clear f.e. the Fileguard log, the 'xx malware objects detected sofar' counter is not recalculated.

We've added this counter cause it could be interesting to know how many malware objects were detected after a year or so.

Removing your logs has no effect on this counter, factory reset does.

cheers

I am afraid that you all misunderstand what I refer to.

See that screenshot in the attachment.

You may refer to the counter in the yellow circle (XXX malware objects detected so far), which is corresponding to the log.

BUT, what I mean is the counter in the RED circle (XXX malicious items in the quarantine), which is corresponding to the quarantine.

post-34940-0-24356400-1433862032_thumb.png
Download Image

Hello,

On my EAM, if I delete the malicious in the quarantine, the counter (of quarantine) shows 0.

Same here....

• Upvote 1

Hello,

On my EAM, if I delete the malicious in the quarantine, the counter (of quarantine) shows 0.

Same here....

Please see #2.

Do you click the logo or the overview tab to go to the main window immediately after clearing the quarantine?

Offline Sword, can you open Emsisoft Internet Security, then click on the About button in the gray box in the lower-right corner, and post a screenshot of it for me?

• Upvote 1