jackiemarie

Help to put in key for Emsisoft Mobile Security

On June 9, 2015, I paid for EAM and EMS for one year through Cleverbridge and have keys for both.  I entered the key on my laptop EAM as the trial period was ending, and that went well.  I do have a number of issues with Behavior Blocker but that's for another part of the forum.

Today, the 10th, I downloaded EMS from the Google Play Store.  I believe I did it correctly (this smartphone was purchased June 6th and is my first - don't laugh too loudly);  it ran a scan and says the device is safe, and the Scanner, Appl Audit, Web Sec, Anti-Theft, and Event Viewer appear OK.  I cannot find how to enter my key.  Please give some guidance - surely I don't have to wait until the trial period runs out.

Secondly, perhaps you can help with this matter, concerning the EMS, I did notice that a screen came up to manage my device through Goggle; it only gave me the option of logging into my gmail account.  The EAM on the laptop however is linked to a hotmail email address, so I didn't click on the link to go to gmail because it wanted me to accept Google something - which seems odd since there's already a gmail app on the home screen which instantly accesses gmail.

Also, just now, I wanted to check in the License Center to see how it reads, but the login is not recognizing the hotmail email address  associated with EAM.  Obviously I got into the Support Forum with the user name from yesterday's EAM license activity,  or I couldn't be starting this topic.  

I'd really appreciated getting these matters sorted out right away; and I guess you can tell, I'm not technically/digitally knowledgeable, but I'll try.

Thank you.

Dear jackiemarie,

Thank you for contacting our support.

I cannot find how to enter my key.  Please give some guidance - surely I don't have to wait until the trial period runs out.

Of course you can wait until the trial expires and then use your key to activate the full version for a further full year. If the 30 days trial is about to expire a message appears on the bottom of the screen. If you follow this message, you'll get directly to the screen where you can activate Emsisoft Mobile Security with your license key. A further possibility to activate Emsisoft Mobile Security with your license key earlier is to press the "more options" button on your mobile device while being in the main screen of Emsisoft Mobile Security.Then you'll have the opportunity to choose "Settings" and enter your key on the next screen.

The button for more options could be a software or hardware button on your device showing three vertical dots. On some phones you need to keep the home button pressed to see more options and on others you need to press and hold the button which activates multitasking.

Secondly, perhaps you can help with this matter, concerning the EMS, I did notice that a screen came up to manage my device through Goggle; it only gave me the option of logging into my gmail account.  The EAM on the laptop however is linked to a hotmail email address, so I didn't click on the link to go to gmail because it wanted me to accept Google something - which seems odd since there's already a gmail app on the home screen which instantly accesses gmail.

It is only possible to use Anti-Theft using your Google Account and the web portal under https://my.emsisoft.com/ is solely for Emsisoft Mobile Security and not related to any other desktop product from us. We decided to go with Google Accounts as it offers two-factor authentication and nearly all Android users own a Google Account because of the Google Play Store.

Also, just now, I wanted to check in the License Center to see how it reads, but the login is not recognizing the hotmail email address  associated with EAM.  Obviously I got into the Support Forum with the user name from yesterday's EAM license activity,  or I couldn't be starting this topic.  

A forum user account is not related to an account in our license center (https://cc.emsisoft.com/). Not everyone who wants to use an account in our license center to register license keys for desktop products there or subscribe to newsletters wants to have a forum account as well. You need an account in our forum if you want to use our forum, you could also simply send an email to us. You need an account for my.emsisoft.com if you want to manage your mobile devices there and set up anti-theft for Emsisoft Mobile Security, but not all customers wants to use Emsisoft Mobile Security - this portal is specially made for Emsisoft Mobile Security and mobile devices are managed there instead of license keys. So you need to create separate accounts - of course you could decide to use the same email address and password for your convenience.

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Dear jackiemarie,

Thank you for contacting our support.

A further possibility to activate Emsisoft Mobile Security with your license key earlier is to press the "more options" button on your mobile device while being in the main screen of Emsisoft Mobile Security.Then you'll have the opportunity to choose "Settings" and enter your key on the next screen.

The button for more options could be a software or hardware button on your device showing three vertical dots. On some phones you need to keep the home button pressed to see more options and on others you need to press and hold the button which activates multitasking.

Thank you for using our software solutions! Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

I could use further instructions in regard to entering my EMS key.  The only thing on the main screen of EMS are the icons for:  Malware Scanner, Application Audit, Web Security, Anti-Theft and Event Viewer. There are no three dot "more options" buttons anywhere, or any type of more options icon.  There is no Settings indicator.

If I hold down the EMS icon on the home screen of this LG Leon H345 phone, the only thing it allows me to do is change the icon.

Thank you for any additional info.

Dear jackiemarie,

If you can't see a software button in the main menu screen of Emsisoft Mobile Security then you need to access the settings via one of your hardware buttons directly on your phone/tablet. For example often there is a button which activates multi-tasking, in this case you can try to press and hold down this button (not the icon of EMS).

The software button with the three vertical dots should look as shown in the attached screenshots, it makes a small menu appear at the bottom of the screen where the license data can be entered under "Settings". You might simply want to wait until only a few days are left on your trial license. Then open Emsisoft Mobile Security and you should see a small info banner at the bottom of the screen - simply touch the banner itself and you will get directly to the settings screen where you can enter your license key.

post-17229-0-84533700-1434223688_thumb.png
Download Image

post-17229-0-89160900-1434223690_thumb.png
Download Image

Questions! 

1) Since there is no update button on Emsisoft Mobile Security, does that mean that it cloud protection?

2) Does Emsisoft Mobile Security use Bitdefender engine as well or just Emsisoft?

I was able to enter the license key for EMS on my LG smartphone, but since doing so, EMS no longer automatically scans on when I turn the phone on after it's been powered off for several hours.  How can I set it to where it scans on startup?  I realize "on install scanning is active", but shouldn't it also scan daily?

Hello jackiemarie,

Thank you for contacting us.

Emsisoft Mobile Security don't scans automatically when starting your mobile device but will take care that your device stays clean by automatically scanning apps immediately after its install or update.

Of course you can initiate a complete scan anytime to make sure that all the applications installed on the device or kept in the phone's storage are legitimate and safe. If you've recognized messages from Emsisoft Mobile Security that something was scanned after starting your mobile device it was most likely because of updates.

Please let me know if you should have any further questions.