djriful

Unable to install EIS. Stuck at network driver.

Every time I try to install EIS at the end, it get stuck at network driver installation. My network connection froze or disconnected and I couldn't do anything else unless I hard reboot my PC.

Ethernet (Intel 82579V Gigabit Network Connection).

What I am seeing, the installation get locked up on driver.

Above images show there are no other driver beside the default settings, no virtual box etc. Is the driver incompatible?

Not the first time, but I've decided to go back to EIS and this issue is still the case even after a clean installed OS WIndows 8.1 Pro

It's possible that there was a compatibility issue. Lets try getting a log from System information, and I'll forward it to one of our developers and see if he wants any debug information. Here's how to get a log from System information:

• Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) then tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type msinfo32 into the field, then click the OK button.
  • Click on the File menu to open it.
  • Click on Save.
  • Save the System Information on your desktop (this may take a few minutes).
  • Close the System Informaton window and then right-click on the System Information file you saved, go to Send to, and select Compressed (zipped) folder. This will add your System Information file to a ZIP archive that you can attach to a reply in this forum topic.
  • Reply to this topic by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply, and attach the ZIP archive to a reply.
Edited by GT500
Edited instructions for Windows 8/8.1 compatibility.

I've asked one of our developers about this.

While we wait for his to look at your System Information log, lets try getting a log from FRST, and see what it shows. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

There shouldn't be any security issues caused by posting them on the forums (they are intended to be shared that way), however the logs will contain files/folders created or modified in the last 30 days, so it is possible for the logs to contain the names of personal files and and folders. You can send the files to me in a private message as well if you would prefer, and they can be removed from your post.

Just an FYI: You may want to check your Event Viewer, and take a look at some of the errors and warnings. It's possible that there might be something more wrong than Emsisoft Internet Security not being able to install without disabling your network adapter, and one of the errors appears to be a failed defrag due to issues with the file system.

As for the issue at hand, one of our developers did ask how you knew the network driver installation was where it was getting stuck. I did some testing, and the installer doesn't give any visual indication as to when it is installing the service or the drivers.

There shouldn't be any security issues caused by posting them on the forums (they are intended to be shared that way), however the logs will contain files/folders created or modified in the last 30 days, so it is possible for the logs to contain the names of personal files and and folders. You can send the files to me in a private message as well if you would prefer, and they can be removed from your post.

Just an FYI: You may want to check your Event Viewer, and take a look at some of the errors and warnings. It's possible that there might be something more wrong than Emsisoft Internet Security not being able to install without disabling your network adapter, and one of the errors appears to be a failed defrag due to issues with the file system.

As for the issue at hand, one of our developers did ask how you knew the network driver installation was where it was getting stuck. I did some testing, and the installer doesn't give any visual indication as to when it is installing the service or the drivers.

Emsisoft Network Filter, during the installation my LAN gigabyte connection disconnected and unable to access to any networks anymore even unplug or plug the cable back. I can't even disable the LAN device via device management. It's just not responding and locked up.

The Emsisoft also stop progressing but not frozen, I can still close it anytime.

My workaround is to have it disabled before installation. That went through.

If the driver is installed now and working, then it shouldn't have been a compatibility issue. It's possible that there was a software reason for the issue, however the only software I saw in your FRST logs that could potentially conflict would have been Adguard (it also uses a network filter driver, and multiple network filter drivers could potentially conflict and cause problems).

It's possible that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware may have been part of the issue then. There is another user who is having issues with the drivers not being installed, and they have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as well.

It's difficult to know whether or not they are related. It would be easier to know if we were absolutely certain about the causes, but unfortunately we only have assumptions at the moment.