Lailson

Problems after installing EIS

After installing the EIS be done, it closes the installation wizard and nothing else appears. After made a reboot, the EIS shows this message, and I can not open the interface and not the central windows of the actions shows that it is active. Message below: 

Apparently Anti-Malware version can be installed, I suspect it is a problem with the third-party network drivers ... After a few minutes, another message is displayed: Translation image: A serious problem prevents the running program. The Anti-Malware can not connect to the service application. The a2service.exe service may have been turn off or be as '' manual ''. Please check this, reload the computer, try again or contact the technical assistance if the problem persists.

Emsisoft Internet Security 10.0.0.5409, Windows 8.1 Single Language 64 bits, with all updates on time, with no infection in recent years.

Previously installed software: Eset Smart Security, malwarebytes,sandboxie. Later Emsisoft Anti - Malware + Comodo Firewall (including firewall that did not work).

I do not know if this is useful, but in one of the logs I see: The Emsisoft Protection Service service depends on the following service: fwndis. This service can not be installed.Apparently not see the name of Emsisoft in Network properties (if it should appear)

post-29812-0-96924000-1434306597_thumb.png
Download Image

post-29812-0-77980900-1434306781_thumb.png
Download Image

post-29812-0-14123800-1434316079_thumb.png
Download Image

After installing the EIS be done, it closes the installation wizard and nothing else appears. After made a reboot, the EIS shows this message, and I can not open the interface and not the central windows of the actions shows that it is active. Message below: 

Apparently Anti-Malware version can be installed, I suspect it is a problem with the third-party network drivers ... After a few minutes, another message is displayed: Translation image: A serious problem prevents the running program. The Anti-Malware can not connect to the service application. The a2service.exe service may have been turn off or be as '' manual ''. Please check this, reload the computer, try again or contact the technical assistance if the problem persists.

Emsisoft Internet Security 10.0.0.5409, Windows 8.1 Single Language 64 bits, with all updates on time, with no infection in recent years.

Previously installed software: Eset Smart Security, malwarebytes,sandboxie. Later Emsisoft Anti - Malware + Comodo Firewall (including firewall that did not work).

I do not know if this is useful, but in one of the logs I see: The Emsisoft Protection Service service depends on the following service: fwndis. This service can not be installed.

ESET Smart Security can't run along with Comodo firewall. Running two firewalls is not good for your system especially for every day use. Two firewall will cause conflict to each other, as one try to do some network filtering, you mentioned that you use ESET Smart Security and Comodo, have you fully uninstall them completely? Comodo firewall or ESET Smart Security definitely the cause of Emsisoft installing and interfere with the module.

• Upvote 1

ESET Smart Security can't run along with Comodo firewall. Running two firewalls is not good for your system especially for every day use. Two firewall will cause conflict to each other, as one try to do some network filtering, you mentioned that you use ESET Smart Security and Comodo, have you fully uninstall them completely? Comodo firewall or ESET Smart Security definitely the cause of Emsisoft installing and interfere with the module.

The situation was this: I was using only the Eset Smart Security + Malwarebytes, I ended up uninstalling both both revo uninstaller as for some of the tools that the company provides. Only after that installed the Emsisoft Anti Malware + Comodo Firewall, so that the first installation to the attending caught, restarted and remade the installation, then the comodo firewall not worked at all. I uninstalled both again with Revo and then install the Emsisoft IS and showed this problem. I really do not see any trace of eset or Comodo, more i believe that they can have influence

Never uninstall any antivirus using Revo Uninstall, this is not a proper way to fully uninstall AV. First, uninstall it from the control panel and then use the AV uninstaller to wrap any traces left behind, but it usually going to be a lot of traces because Windows uninstaller always left tons of traces behind. Second, please install ESET uninstaller tool and Malwarebytes uninstall as well the Comodo from this follow link http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146&locale=en_US. After you doing that try to see if Emsisoft work again, if not try to install it without internet connection, after it finish install enable internet connection to see if it work. If it still not work, then it might be something that is corrupt so the best thing that i can tell is clean uninstall Emsisoft then reinstall it from this instructions

Step 1 - Log on to your PC

Step 2 - Go to Control Panel

Step 3 - Head to Uninstall a program

Step 4 - Uninstall Emsisoft using the built in

Step 5 - If it ask for a reboot, please let it do so

Step 6 - Download the Emsisoft Cleaner, this will clean all traces that are left behind after Windows uninstall, Link from Emsisoft  https://dl.emsisoft.com/Emsiclean.zip

Step 7 - Save the uninstall to your desktop or anywhere you can find it and run it

Step 8 -  Run the EmsisClean, if it pop up for the agreement please click " I accept and agree"

Step 9 - let it finish scan

Step 10- After the scan is finish, it shows you the traces left behind

Step 11 - Select all traces and then perform remove them.

Step 12 - It will ask for reboot if not do it manual to make sure it gone

Step 13 - You are free to redownload Emsisoft product without any issues arrive in the future.

Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.
  • Upvote 1

Never uninstall any antivirus using Revo Uninstall, this is not a proper way to fully uninstall AV. First, uninstall it from the control panel and then use the AV uninstaller to wrap any traces left behind, but it usually going to be a lot of traces because Windows uninstaller always left tons of traces behind. Second, please install ESET uninstaller tool and Malwarebytes uninstall as well the Comodo from this follow link http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146&locale=en_US. After you doing that try to see if Emsisoft work again, if not try to install it without internet connection, after it finish install enable internet connection to see if it work. If it still not work, then it might be something that is corrupt so the best thing that i can tell is clean uninstall Emsisoft then reinstall it from this instructions

Step 1 - Log on to your PC

Step 2 - Go to Control Panel

Step 3 - Head to Uninstall a program

Step 4 - Uninstall Emsisoft using the built in

Step 5 - If it ask for a reboot, please let it do so

Step 6 - Download the Emsisoft Cleaner, this will clean all traces that are left behind after Windows uninstall, Link from Emsisoft  http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/emsiclean.exe

Step 7 - Save the uninstall to your desktop or anywhere you can find it and run it

Step 8 -  Run the EmsisClean, if it pop up for the agreement please click " I accept and agree"

Step 9 - let it finish scan

Step 10- After the scan is finish, it shows you the traces left behind

Step 11 - Select all traces and then perform remove them.

Step 12 - It will ask for reboot if not do it manual to make sure it gone

Step 13 - You are free to redownload Emsisoft product without any issues arrive in the future.

First of all, thank you for your attention and tips, here we go:
I ran the tool eset only asked to remove malwarebytes, and it was done, then restart your computer.
Once uninstalled Emsisoft Is the standard Windows uninstaller, asked to restart, so it was done.
After restarting, I ran Emsisoft Cleaner, and got the warning that there were no traces, it left for the installation of Emsisoft IS, and after installing unfortunately problem persists ...

First of all, thank you for your attention and tips, here we go:
I ran the tool eset only asked to remove malwarebytes, and it was done, then restart your computer.
Once uninstalled Emsisoft Is the standard Windows uninstaller, asked to restart, so it was done.
After restarting, I ran Emsisoft Cleaner, and got the warning that there were no traces, it left for the installation of Emsisoft IS, and after installing unfortunately problem persists ...

Thanks for the head up! Unfortunately you have to wait for Emsisoft employee to assist you further since they develop this software, so definitely they will have all answers that you concerns. Most of time uninstall should fix all the issues, since i don't know why the module keeps getting stuck.This is never happen to me so i know how you feel. Anyway, just be patient for Emsisoft to assist you.

The way is to wait, and unfortunately the restore point was gone sad.png

I can not install other security programs that use the firewall, such as eset smart security, now if I install just AV version apparently works

The way is to wait, and unfortunately the restore point was gone sad.png

I can not install other security programs that use the firewall, such as eset smart security, now if I install just AV version apparently works

Can you reset the firewall settings? Also, can you turn off windows firewall when you install Eset Smart Security?
  • Upvote 1

Can you reset the firewall settings? Also, can you turn off windows firewall when you install Eset Smart Security?

Again thanks for the tip, gave hope, but unfortunately without success,

Again thanks for the tip, gave hope, but unfortunately without success,

At this point, all i can tell you is your computer definitely have a major issue going on. A clean virus free computer should have no problem of installing ESET Smart Security nor Emsisoft Internet Security. You said ealier that you are unable to get Emsisoft module running, now you can't install ESET Smart Security. This situation to me seems there is a virus or malware that prevent AV from download and install. A lot of virus/malware love to do this type of stuff. Unfortunately to them, they can't stop us when there is 25 AV company around the world. I want you to head to "Help My PC Is Infected" section and post your system logs there. Here is the link for the requirement logs that Emsisoft need in order to assist you http://support.emsisoft.com/forum-6/announcement-2-start-here-if-you-dont-we-are-just-going-to-send-you-back-to-this-thread/. I know it sound weird, but your PC definitely is not in a clean condition at the moment. If we can roll out virus and malware relate then we can have more time to investigate why your PC refuse to install Internet Security suite.

A program must have damaged the computer, shortness find out where.

Unlikely, the more years that do not suffer from infections, and this problem started just to uninstall eset, comodo firewall and  Emsisoft (were not all together).

The problem is with the Internet version security, the anti-malware apparently installs normally, similar programs the same

Let's wait for the support, even anxious to solve, it seems to be a little busy

Jerky, you need to be careful about the advice you dispense.   I have a clean computer but still Outpost won't install.  I don't care, but it's not because of the infection.  You need to stand down and let the Emsisoft employees take over.

• Upvote 1

Jerky, you need to be careful about the advice you dispense.   I have a clean computer but still Outpost won't install.  I don't care, but it's not because of the infection.  You need to stand down and let the Emsisoft employees take over.

When is that going to happen? This thread is been open for the last 3 days and still haven't got any answer from Emsisoft employee yet. I understand that you guys are busy, but 3 days without any answer is seems to be little ridiculous aren't they? I'm not come here to argue who is doing wrong or right. There is a thread about a person who have issue about user interface, after he follow my instructions the issue is solve. Anyway, i just give him my advice, if i were him i would have an assistance to check on my computer for any virus/malware relate issue. If there is none, then i can tell is windows, but fixing windows can be complicate because if you screw up something, you are in pretty bad shape afterward. Matter of fact, if i am an expert or professional about computer, i would have help him over the last 3 days. but it seems impossible for me at the moment.  SINCE I GOT NO BALL TO PUT EFFORT INTO IT. Also, i'm done here for my part, the rest is up to you guys Emsisoft. 

When is that going to happen? This thread is been open for the last 3 days and still haven't got any answer from Emsisoft employee yet.

It's going to happen now. ;)

I do not know if this is useful, but in one of the logs I see: The Emsisoft Protection Service service depends on the following service: fwndis. This service can not be installed.Apparently not see the name of Emsisoft in Network properties (if it should appear)

Lets try getting a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

What happens if you try the following:

• Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap the R key to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in services.msc and click OK.
  • Find Emsisoft Protection Service.
  • Once you find it, right-click on it, and select Start.
If that works without any error messages, then try launching Emsisoft Internet Security, and let me know if it works.

Hello!

By following the above steps, an error message appears:

The windows can not start the Emsisoft Protection Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

The seemingly a2service.exe service Emsisoft folders is present

Out of curiosity, I checked the logs, and one in the error level: The Emsisoft Protection Service service depends on the following service: fwndis. This service can not be installed.

post-29812-0-62324700-1434555848_thumb.png
Download Image

fwndis is one of the network drivers installed with Emsisoft Internet Security. I don't see it in the FRST log, and from what I am seeing at least one other driver from Emsisoft Internet Security is missing as well

Please try uninstalling Emsisoft Internet Security, then restart your computer twice. At that point all traces of Emsisoft Internet Security should be gone from your computer, however Emsiclean can be used to verify that.

Once Emsisoft Internet Security has been uninstalled, try shutting down Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and then download and install Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.

If you continue to have the same problem, then please run FRST again (make sure that the option for Addition.txt is selected before running the scan), and attach the new FRST logs to a reply just like last time so that I can take a look and see if the drivers are still not being installed.

I decided to uninstall Malwarebytes ... I wondered when I went to uninstall Emsisoft, a message appeared saying the installation failed, ignored him, asked to restart, so it was done, unfortunately problem remains the same. Logs Frst below, thanks again for your time to solve the problem definitely seems very strange. It will be a problem in Windows?  blink.png

FRST.txt

Addition.txt

Lets try uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security, restarting the computer, and running Emsiclean after that to get me a log to see if something is not being removed right. Here's instructions for running it:

• Please download Emsiclean from this link (I recommend saving it on your desktop to make it easy to find the log).
  • Run the Emsiclean download.
  • Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  • Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean without removing anything by clicking on the Close Emsisoft Clean button.
  • A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
  • If, instead of saving a log, it says that no traces of Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Mamutu were found, then you can get me a fresh log from FRST instead. The drivers, service, and folder should be listed in the FRST log if they still exist.
Edited by GT500
Updated link for Emsiclean. There are now two versions (32-bit and 64-bit) bundled in a ZIP archive. Run EmsiClean64, and if you see an error message then run EmsiClean32.

Well, I'm still seeing one of the firewall drivers in the FRST log, so lets use FRST to delete it.

Please download the following fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

fixlist.txt

NOTE: It's important that both files, the FRST download from earlier and the fixlist file, are in the same location or the fix will not work. If you need to, please copy the files from your Downloads folder to your desktop.

• Run the FRST download from earlier, and press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs to restart your computer, please make sure you let the computer restart normally. After that let the tool complete anything it still needs to do.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog). Please attach it to a reply.
After that, you should be able to install Emsisoft Internet Security.

... I cannot install any firewall, no company, all arrested at the firewall

That could be due to leftover drivers from previous installations of other security products. The FRST log shows drivers from McAfee, Panda, Wise Care 365, and Sandboxie are installed. Well, HitmanPro has a driver installed as well, but that's not going to be a problem here.

We can use FRST to remove the ones from McAfee, Panda, and Wise Care 365 since I don't expect the others will be a problem, unless you are running the installer in a sandbox for some reason. Here's another fixlist and the instructions again:

Please download the following fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

fixlist.txt

NOTE: It's important that both files, the FRST download from earlier and the fixlist file, are in the same location or the fix will not work. If you need to, please copy the files from your Downloads folder to your desktop.

• Run the FRST download from earlier, and press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs to restart your computer, please make sure you let the computer restart normally. After that let the tool complete anything it still needs to do.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog). Please attach it to a reply.

Can you get me a screenshot of your network adapter properties? Here's how to get there:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections and click OK.
  • Right-click on the network adapter, and select Properties.
I'm interested in the list of things shown on the "Networking" tab right under where it says "This connection uses the following items".

What happens if you disable your network adapter, and then install Emsisoft Internet Security?

And the issue is still the one you originally reported, that the Emsisoft Protection Service won't start?

Have you tried uninstalling the IObit software that's on your computer, and then reinstalling Emsisoft Internet Security?

Thank you for your patience !! Even uninstalling, the problem persists. I think there is no incompatibility with any program, for those that are installed never had any trouble. Because the problem arose with the uninstallation of ESET (and then Comodo and Emsisoft do not work (even uninstalled correctly without traces) would be something with Windows? I have windows 8 as recovery in HD ...

Have you tried the instructions at this link to make sure that there's no longer anything from ESET's software left on your computer?

Have you tried uninstalling your network adapter in the Device Manager, restarting your computer, and allowing Windows to reinstall it?

A reinstall of Windows would probably fix the issue. It's unfortunate when that becomes an acceptable alternative to debugging, but I think I'm at the point where I'm not sure what else we can try.