twl845

WIN 10 compatibility

Hi All,  As you may be aware, Microsoft will be making WIN10 available free starting next month gradually through Windows Update. Of the folks who have been using the Preview, or anyone else who can verify, can you tell me if EIS is compatible with WIN10 as of now? Thanks in advance.  

Emsisoft Anti Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security should compatible with Windows 10, because there is no reason for Emsisoft not support Windows 10 and plus it a new OS so security should enhance a little bit. Matter of fact, a lot people will upgrade to Windows 10 include myself from Windows 8.1 64 bit. @Mark de Jager Windows 10 will available on July 27th.

Emsisoft Anti Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security should compatible with Windows 10, because there is no reason for Emsisoft not support Windows 10 and plus it a new OS so security should enhance a little bit. Matter of fact, a lot people will upgrade to Windows 10 include myself from Windows 8.1 64 bit. @Mark de Jager Windows 10 will available on July 27th.

OK thanks. As long as EIS continues to function during the WIN10 upgrade process.  :)

EIS is compatible with the latest Windows 10 previews. Whether it will be compatible to the release version is uncertain, as we obviously can't test our products on it yet. That being said, it is very likely that EAM and EIS will just work with the RTM as well. If for some reason it doesn't, we will make sure to have an update ready until July 29th.

I also removed a few non-sense posts.

Thanks Fabian for the advice.  If I go ahead with the WIN 10 upgrade process over time, I will do it on a snapshot of my Raxco Instant Recovery so if it doesn't work out I can revert to my present Primary snapshot with WIN7. 

EIS is compatible with the latest Windows 10 previews. Whether it will be compatible to the release version is uncertain, as we obviously can't test our products on it yet. That being said, it is very likely that EAM and EIS will just work with the RTM as well. If for some reason it doesn't, we will make sure to have an update ready until July 29th.I also removed a few non-sense posts.

So are you guys going to make it support Windows 10 after its lauch?

Writing this on my T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5

Thanks Fabian for the advice.  If I go ahead with the WIN 10 upgrade process over time, I will do it on a snapshot of my Raxco Instant Recovery so if it doesn't work out I can revert to my present Primary snapshot with WIN7. 

Hi twl845

I haven't seen a win 10 compatible version of IR yet.  Also be sure you understand the way win 10 does windows updates, before you jump.

Pete

Hi twl845

I haven't seen a win 10 compatible version of IR yet.  Also be sure you understand the way win 10 does windows updates, before you jump.

Pete

Hi Pete

Can you fill me in on how WIN 10 updates are different and why I have to be concerned? Should my ignorance stop me from going through with the upgrade?

Hi Pete

Can you fill me in on how WIN 10 updates are different and why I have to be concerned? Should my ignorance stop me from going through with the upgrade?

I think what Peter means is that the Home edition of Windows 10 will not allow you to select which updates to install - all updates will be installed.

I think what Peter means is that the Home edition of Windows 10 will not allow you to select which updates to install - all updates will be installed.

Thanks tester. that's not a problem for me.     :)

Thanks tester. that's not a problem for me.     :)

You have no idea how many people got upset with that decision by Microsoft. :lol:

You can't select what will be installed or when.  In win 10 pro all you can do is defer reboot.   It's a prolem when you are working, and an update comes along, and bsod's on your sytem in the middle of something.

Any way fore warned is fore armed.

You can't select what will be installed or when.  In win 10 pro all you can do is defer reboot.   It's a prolem when you are working, and an update comes along, and bsod's on your sytem in the middle of something.

Any way fore warned is fore armed.

I think I'll go back to my original plan and let it soak for a year and consider it again. Thanks for the info. 

I think I'll go back to my original plan and let it soak for a year and consider it again. Thanks for the info.

That's probably not a bad idea. ;)

I have been testing Windows 10 and I am currently running build 10162.  EIS does function but it has caused the restart of Windows 10 to be extremely slow; so slow that I have uninstalled EIS.  I also tried the beta version of EIS but it will not function upon restart.  Also, EIS does not complete the install process correctly under WIN 10; it hangs on the update download at 100%.  The install can be completed after a signoff of windows and selecting the EIS desktop shortcut (with a reentering of my key).  Hopefully, EIS will be ready for WIN 10 launch.  I would be glad to help with testing if possible.

Microsoft messed up a lot of NDIS and WFP drivers in the latest builts. We are already working on it. For the time being I suggest you stick to EAM instead of EIS.