nakugaka

looking for a good hips replacement since oa is dead

hi i was wondering if anybody here knows some good hips software since emisoft kickd oa to the bin still kinda pist off about it tbh but well shit happens

the only stuff i came across was comodo firewall what i tbh disliked so mutch that i cand put it out in normal words and there is malware defender but  thats way to old sure there is synergy the firewall that was optained by symantic and well lets say destroyed

also i came accross winpatrol but that stuff is so buggy no thx

so i was wondering if somebody found something from the time emisoft did let us know it was well digging oa's grave and now that can replace oa and especcialy its hips features paid or free dosnt matter

also i am known and a user of sandboxie

and before you ask wy so i need hips plz dont tell me wy i wont need it or that eis is good enough becasue as an hobby virus/malware/trojan devolper (its only a hobby i wont use them ever outside of my own network) i like to have a few extra layers of security

.also plz excuse my bad spelling and grammar use but ive been awake for quite a while and my english is completely self thougth

thx in advance nakugaka

Hips is going the way of the dinosaurs, almost obsolete, if you want more security you could try Appguard, Voodooshield or NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro, they aren't the same as hips but are similar in some ways, all are top notch products.

I would not recommend running more than one protection software because overtime it will cause system to slow down. If you are looking something that can replace Online Armor, then i recommend Emsisoft Internet Security because it combine Emsisoft Anti Malware and its next gen Online Armor built in. So basically, you get both anti malware,anti virus, and hips protection in one package. Also, i would not suggest to use Comodo firewall because is block my my games from running which is ridiculous and after i switch to Emsisoft Internet Security, everything seems to be running normal. Matter of fact, if you just surfing everyday then i recommend Emsisoft Internet Security + Malwarebytes Anti Exploit, that would be a best setup and i'm currently using it right now. But the sad part is Emsisoft doesn't have exploit protection, hope they implement it in the future. 

okay i think i need to give some more info all my systems run linux or freebsd and this is only for my only windows system that has 8 cores running at 4.8 ghz with 32 gb ram and having a couple ssd's in a raid setup so speed aint a issue

also i gave a reason wy i need hips and that a recomendation for eis is a waste of your time

also i clearly stated that i am a hobby virus/malware/trojan devolper so trust me on this one i know a lot more about this stuff than most people because it wasnt just a hobby in the past so plz dont tell me what i do and dont need and also i already have a ies licence ready for when oa expires so a hips program dosnt need a firewall in my case

also thx digmor crusher for the recomandations ive seen NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro already but havend tested it yet and the other ones ive never heard of but i will give them a look

(edit) ive given appguard and voodooshield a looksie and tbh they are also just behavior blockers that i think will sadly not meet my requierments (end edit)

You say

"also i clearly stated that i am a hobby virus/malware/trojan devolper so trust me on this one i know a lot more about this stuff than most people because it wasnt just a hobby in the past"

I that case you could have a look at this one: Spyware Terminator. In the past, perhaps 10 years ago, it was once blacklisted as rogueware (similar to spyhunter nowadays), but then it was removed from the blacklist. The producer was crawler.com and it was dubious due to privacy issues.

I don´t know if it is developed anymore and I would not use it on a normal system.

That (negative) said the HIPS itself in this program was not that bad, many alerts when system/registry entries are changed, new programs want to start, etc.

Perhaps you can have a look at it.

EIS does not include a HIPS, it utilizes the EAM behavior blocker; which for all practical purposes fulfills the same niche that a HIPS fills.

@Jerky McDilerino

Emsisoft Internet Security because it combine Emsisoft Anti Malware and its next gen Online Armor built in.

No, the firewall included in EIS is a completely new Firewall from the ground up. It is not the next generation of the Online Armor Firewall.

Unless you have the proper information that is directly related to a posters question, do not post any product related advice.

EIS does not include a HIPS, it utilizes the EAM behavior blocker; which for all practical purposes fulfills the same niche that a HIPS fills.

@Jerky McDilerino

No, the firewall included in EIS is a completely new Firewall from the ground up. It is not the next generation of the Online Armor Firewall.

Unless you have the proper information that is directly related to a posters question, do not post any product related advice.

But does the new firewall in EIS provide equivalent protection as the Online Armor? Also, for me Emsisoft Internet Security and Malwarebytes Anti Exploit is good to go for everyday use and surfing,and you see i'm not that reckless person who just download,install,or visit a site that he/she have no idea,and really sorry for giving false information.